Bucket for prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rastys 1964

Richard Scott
Reaction score
Guys/gals
I was sick and tired of the buckets I used for prospecting splitting or the handles breaking. I have found the bucket below to be almost indestructible. It is about 15 litres and designed for carrying concrete slurry. Made of a heavy duty plastic and a standard sieve fits in the top perfectly. I bought a couple from Mitre 10.
Hope this info helps you.

Regards

Richard

1377815419_bucket.jpg

Thanks for this Richard. I split a couple of buckets on the recent Nundle trip, so I'm now on the lookout for something a little more durable. These sound like the go.

I saw these in the shop where they sell landscaping supplies for $12. They look pretty tough and not much more expensive than the white buckets from Bunnings.

I use tuff tubbs they r flexible and hold about 20 litres. Plus with double sided handles the handle of the shovel slips thru . I carry it around like a hobos hanky thing

Thanks Rastys , i don't know who designs those bloody seives, but none of them fit the usual white buckets. Thanks will keep those in mind. :)

They look pretty tough but ya can't beat a free bucket :p
The ones I get had some sort of concrete additive in them - used at batch plants I think

Black Plastic 20 litre Bucket - I bought from Bunnings - $5.50 each
Same size as Trade Bucket used for tile cement.
regards Ned

1385068163_e-mail_bucket.jpg

I have about 40 leftover buckets at home if anyone wants any.
I'm a painter by trade. But most of the buckets I have at home are 10-15L
Some may still need to be hosed out as there may still be residual paint in them.
Just pm me if your in the area. (Lilydale) Vic.

Rastys 1964 said:
Guys/gals
I was sick and tired of the buckets I used for prospecting splitting or the handles breaking. I have found the bucket below to be almost indestructible. It is about 15 litres and designed for carrying concrete slurry. Made of a heavy duty plastic and a standard sieve fits in the top perfectly. I bought a couple from Mitre 10.
Hope this info helps you.

Regards

Richard

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/563/1377815419_bucket.jpg

You bloody legend! I found one like that dumped out in the bush that had been tossed noticed it fitted the classifier perfectly and have been looking for it ever since, seriously thanks mate i'm off to mitre 10

Latest posts