Big Oakey access

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G0lddigg@ said:
wow why the attack on Atomrat?
Big Oakey owner you will find the majority of us "real prospectors" the ones who have been here and will continue to be here after the gold price bottoms out will do the right thing.

I think that's what Atomrat was getting at, no need to take stabs at him, its good to hear you are opening up your property on a request basis once we work out where/how to put your details up for other members good luck.
Agree 100% GOllddigg
Thats how I also read Atomrat's posts.
Many of us seek permission and respect the land owners wishes when asking for or given access to private property.
Those that dont, I would hope are very few on the forum.

Big Oakey also needs to understand, that this forum's has a membership base of 6,200 members from all over Australia and not every person in Australia let alone NSW who prospects or fossicks is a member of this forum.
I would suggest that whom ever has tresspassed on your land to gain access, would more then likely be some one who is not a member of this forum. I would hope that this is the case.

I for one am very glad that you have joined the forum and made your offer of land access to forum members.
I would hope that over time you will remain an active member of the forum and get to know us a little better and also meet face to face with those of us from the forum who take up your offer of access.
i hope in doing these things, you discover that we are just normal people who enjoy getting out in the bush fossicking.
Cheers ;)

There's a couple of propsecting groups on facebook you can share your info on as well mate. It may even convince other property owners to do the same or even create a discussion board just for land owners and communication with these ssorts of issues.

Would certainly be handy for when you get the snoopy dodgy fellas looking at your sheds to report it online as those sort usually go from one farm to the next and being mentioned online gets them caught fast. Happened recently not far from me and culprits were caught / intercepted by police due to this sort of online communication

Like nucopias mentioned, its highly respectable what you've done and the respect must be returned equally to gain access. Sorry for the start of topic confusion.

Ah Atomrat
your being too nice again ;)
me personally I would rather only forum members know about this, but thats just me..at the end of the day its Big Oakey that needs to decide how he gets his message out there and to whom.
Facebook and other forums are a good suggestions , but I am just wonder if they are too good at attracting the wrong types.
At least with this forum he knows who we are and we him and he has an easy avenue to communicate and or let the form members know if there is a problem.

Well that was an interesting start and introduction to the PA forum, hopefully we've all got the sabre rattling out of the way, now how about a group cuddle :lol: :lol:

nucopia said:
Ah Atomrat
me personally I would rather only forum members know about this, but thats just me..at the end of the day its Big Oakey that needs to decide how he gets his message out there and to whom.
Facebook and other forums are a good suggestions , but I am just wonder if they are too good at attracting the wrong types.
At least with this forum he knows who we are and we him and he has an easy avenue to communicate and or let the form members know if there is a problem.

If we place the info in the members only section......

Ramjet said:
nucopia said:
Ah Atomrat

If we place the info in the members only section......
Isn't he opening up his property to PAYING guests to detect? In which case i would have thought it should be down in the services offered section or somewhere at the tail of the site?

Big Oakey owner said:
All good , I only posted my message because I read other posts discussing how to get to big Oakey , after all this is my backyard, an I like to know who's snooping around in it, same as any of you guys cheers people
Cheers mate
I know exactly how you feel. There are quite a few of us on the forum who own farms or working properties.
Like you, im not keen on any one walking around my property uninvited.
I also have a good friend with a property in a gold bearing area of Stuart Town. so I understand through his experience and that of his neighbours where your coming with with trespassers.
You have done the right thing and its very much appreciated and I hope as I have stated previously,those who go out to visit you do the right thing as well.
All the best !

SCROUNGER said:
Isn't he opening up his property to PAYING guests to detect? In which case i would have thought it should be down in the services offered section or somewhere at the tail of the site?

Possibly correct. But it's not in the members only section. We are working on it. :D

Ramjet said:
SCROUNGER said:

Possibly correct. But it's not in the members only section. We are working on it. :D
I'm not fussed one way or the other regards this but if BO's access is promoting a fee for access then surely he'd want more people knowing rather than less.

nucopia said:
Gday Ramjet
Question, is the mebers only section as it states only accesable to "Members only "or can non members access and read the posts placed there ?

Visible only to members. If you log out and have a look at the forum, the members section is not visible. You can only see it if you are logged in member.

Ramjet said:
nucopia said:
Gday Ramjet
Question, is the members only section as it states only accessible to "Members only "or can non members access and read the posts placed there ?

Visible only to members. If you log out and have a look at the forum, the members section is not visible. You can only see it if you are a logged in member.
Perfect Ramjet
That looks like the best place for Big Oakey's offer to the members. ;)

**comment removed due to inflammatory nature** We dont tolerate abuse of our member or profanities remember kids read this stuff guys

Latest posts