Beaufort and surrounds - Dollys Creek, Morrisons - St Arnaud?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Folks, hope you're all doing well...

Some mates and I are hiring a few GPX5000 for the weekend coming... I've been looking at different areas and, in the past, we've tried the Dunolly area etc without success. I'm thinking about trying somewhere a little less common this weekend... We've thghts about Dolly Creek, Morrisons... But Beaufort/Chute has also caught our attention or, alternatively, St Arnaud area... Can anybody offer some thoughts? I'm doing a day training with the company we're hiring the gear from just to refine my skills and what to look for. I know gold is where you find it but I'm just looking for any advice and thoughts on those less common places to look... I figure the popular areas are highly worked so require more skill to read the land etc here was the lesser worked areas might have a bit more potential... My reasoning is probably wrong but again, look forward to any thoughts/advice.

Cheers

Hi Oz_Gold. i'm doing fine thanks. Good luck in your search. The training you get from the hire company should help a lot.
Send us some pics of your nuggets. :p :p
Cheers
Jaros

Doesn't sound unreasonable. If you're going to run into a patch of nuggets you're far more likely to do so away from the common ground. Any area from within the triangle has potential. Test the ground and make sure it's shallow enough to detect. No use running over a mater of topsoil. Green pastures can often cover up otherwise excellent gold bearing ground too as can be seen in the video below
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSyuaX6Uv6w[/video]

I'd scratch that idea and go straight to where they have just burnt off.there is a few spots around type in Vic state forest planned burn offs into Google and go to the Vic government site.it will show all the burnt off forests on the map.I would go to the closest ones to where you are hireing you 5000s and hit the clear patches hard

k man said:
I'd scratch that idea and go straight to where they have just burnt off.there is a few spots around type in Vic state forest planned burn offs into Google and go to the Vic government site.it will show all the burnt off forests on the map.I would go to the closest ones to where you are hireing you 5000s and hit the clear patches hard

Just don't go when it's wet or you will come back blacker than the ace of spades like I did on Monday.
:)

There is a spot near Talbot that has been burnt for a week or so thinking I might head over there and hit the nuggets if anyone hasn't beaten me to the black pay dirt.how did you go wooly

Now you've just gone and thrown a spanner in the works lol... Did you have any success wooly?

Latest posts