Beach detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGJON

Jon
Reaction score
Hi there I've taken my eureka gold detector to the beach first time going beach got myself $7.50 a new soccer ball some thongs fishing gear screws and a black light rock the detector picked up and some tent pegs I've tried to put up a photo but it's to blurry any one else do beach detecting

Hi BigJohn
The black rock is probably coal, I also enjoy beach detecting. Cheers mate.

Salty Tom where abouts do you detect I've only done it once and didn't mind it at all don't know about day time but we will see

Hi mainly Newcastle area but have been known to travel.
I usually go at quieter times early mornings or evenings.
Also popular parks are worth a go but need to be careful with holes and try not to leave any mess.
There is a short Video under the Treasure and relic detecting, it gives good advice on sensitive areas.

You do find some pretty strange things left at the beach at night other than the usual thongs and toys, even had a mountain bike dumped on the beach one night - most likely stolen. :)

Hopefully next time I will get some more stuff like a bike or things and personal stuff do you guys leave them there until you come back I left the thongs there for 2 hours when I came back didn't wanna leave rubbish on the beach so I moved them didn't see anyone around at that time of night morning

Latest posts