Battery conversion

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On my minelab xt 170000 i have a question about my baterry set up. The original battery housing on the detector fell apart, so I cut of the old power cables and installed a cat deutsch plug and ran powers wires to the battery that i carry on my belt. I want to change the 12v sealed lead acid battery to a 12v lithium battery. The Weight of the lead acid is not comfortable. This is the battery im currently carrying around.
1507616835_rps20171010_172716_262.jpg
. The detector seems to be operating as it should be. No nuggets yet plenty of nails bullets etc. Do i just buy a lithium battery the same amps and volts as the lead acid battery. Or is there a certain battery i should be using for the xt 170000. Thanks

BC- I converted my XT-17000 as you have done and I just don't use it because of the battery/wire setup - pain in the butt actually!

I'm thinking I'll go back to a battery pack ML sell them for around $70-75 last time I looked. Battery World put em together also, but they were dearer than 75.

Did the slide on cover crap itself? Maybe plastic welding or even make one up might be the go - wouldn't be too hard . . . . .

Thanks rotor for the info. Your right it is a pain having it attached to you, especially when walking thru the scrubb. If ml are selling batteries for that price, ill go back to the original setup. Yes the housing let go ill sort out a fix. Thanks again

Had a quick look and cant see them on ML - was a little while ago I saw them.

Miners Den has them but they're $110 :(

Still even at that price I'll be getting one I think!

A bit rough, but hasn't failed me yet. 3x18650's, Li-ion charge controller on the side, and a 1.5w12v solar panel on the stem. The on-board controller allows charging from any un-regulated 12v source.
1507622042_camera_517_small.jpg
1507622084_camera_508_small.jpg

Latest posts