Banjo pan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used or seen the banjo pan ? My friend got one and tested it and he said not one piece of gold
Got past and he was amazed ,

He has order me one cheap as they are like 30$ , but so much more in shipping I refuse to pay it , Anyway if someone can post a better vid as I'm having trouble doing it , and I hope links work .

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/4pfPftX1eSY[/video]

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/LWsRW7PSxnE[/video]

Admin edit: Videos embedded for easier viewing.

Hi Mandissa no I have't tried one, but have seen the video's of them, they seem to keep gold, I have seen Dennis Dayton use one and did a full bucket of material and they found gold.

Cheers

cecc

Thank you for editing my post and make videos Easter to view .
I'm looking forward to getting mine and testing it

I recently got one, they are pretty good, & although I'm only new to panning & go pretty slow using the Garrett Super Sluice, the Banjo is easier & faster, although once you get down to around a handful or so of gravels/sand etc in the Banjo I then tip it into the Super Sluice pan to finish it off as its a little easier with the deep riffle & deep V corners of the Garrett pan.
Where is it being sold for $30, thats cheap, mine cost $60 at local shop.

I looked on ebay, some were just under 50, but with postage from the states ended up around 80-90.
I got mine from the Garrett dealer here, $60 seems like a fair price for a new pan on the market that works well,maybe the price will drop a bit over time but its a good little pan.

I saw these in Ballarat at http://www.thegoldshop.com.au/ I was just poking around and the storeman was busy with a customer so I didn't get to ask about them or price.

You can see them on the main page of the website but i can't find a price or order page for them. There was a stack just sitting a corner.

Edit, set off an e-mail and got a super quick reply. $60+ postage. standard buy more lower postage costs ect.
Group buy anyone?

Thanks Pegleg, hmm not at the moment, just got my banjo so have to test it and do a video. But later on in the year I might be interested, anyone used one and how do they perform.?

cecc said:
Thanks Pegleg, hmm not at the moment, just got my banjo so have to test it and do a video. But later on in the year I might be interested, anyone used one and how do they perform.?

Bring that bad boy up Len...
i will take you to another place i prospect? It will make a great back drop for you vid..adventure day.. get some history in.?
Find some colour with no clay!....pm me and i might let you bring steve...hahahaha

Yeah I got one last Thursday, from the Mining Exchange Gold shop in Ballarat, cost was $60.
Tried it at home with some gravel from the creek I know had small gold specks in it, was easy to use & faster to process gravels than the Garret Super Sluice pan, so for me thats good because I'm pretty new to panning so I'm pretty slow.
I was able to get the gold from the gravels & when I checked the gravel I had panned into a container I couldn't see anything so the Banjo done well. Once I get done to about a handful of cons in the Banjo & tip it into the Super Sluice pan to finish it off, I just find the deep V section in the SS much easier to separate the sands etc. With more practice on the Banjo I should get better & faster, glad I got it, great pan even for a newbie & used in a combo with the Super Sluice they are a perfect pair.
But I'm a newbie to panning though so more experienced people may have a different view, I think you will like it though.

What's the name of the shop in Ballarat please and do they have a website?

yobskin said:
i will take you to another place i prospect? It will make a great back drop for you vid..adventure day.. get some history in.?
Find some colour with no clay!....pm me and i might let you bring steve...hahahaha
Aww come on yobs . Pretty please can i come. Can i can i haha

If the gold shop is the distributor for cubes banjo, where did OP score one for $30?

Tribsa 56 said:
yobskin said:

Yeah we'll come up and give the beast a go, been playing with out the backyard will do a vid for you guys, Steve has to come he's my pard. haha That's will be awesome to go to another spot. Hopefully this week I can get my ladle made and then we'll be set.

Tribsa 56 said:
yobskin said:

You'll be right mate, might have to plan a trip soon whadya reckon?

Latest posts