Balxie's Gold Adventures videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Balx, have you tried (as Darcy does) to get up above the river - finding old bedrock/benches? Last time I tried it I was pleasantly surprised, cleaned out a crevice about 5m above the river (Buckland), tools unable to get right to the bottom of the crack but was finding 5-10 flakes per pan in the hard-packed gravels. Self-made PVC sucker one of the best tools to use there but will need to go back one day with some narrow tube attachments. Looks like a nice little creek.
Drewe.

Drewe thats my next step, highbanker will be going this week, That spot has plenty of old time diggings just above that bend. We even think all those rocks there may be tailings from the old days, doesnt look too natural.

Great find Balxie! Good workout too by the look of it - will be great to see what you're able to get with your power-sluice (do you mean the Walbanker?). I see it's not far from the green stump (6:40)........ where's that in relation to the black stump? Good luck with your next visit - I'm making some progress on my own Walbanker, won't be long now.
Cheers Drewe.

Thanks fella's. Drewe, if you go to my channel you will see the power sluice i built from ep 7 onwards, The New highbanker is almost ready but not sure about lugging it up that hill. power sluice is light and eletric so it might be the go until the jeep is fixed. Was plenty of black stumps walking in, must have had a fire thru last summer. But yes its well and truly beyond that ;)

Good vids Balxy!
Looking forward to seeing more of your adventures when you got the 4b going. Even more remote...

I agree with you Balx, I give away general locations myself as it's great to get new guys interested in a hobby where they can take their kids as well to enjoy what nature has to offer, and actually find something.

We obviously keep our secret spots within the broader areas to ourselves, and those spots as we know, are not frequented by the masses because of their remoteness and effort to get to them. Great vid mate and take care on those hills.

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
I agree with you Balx, I give away general locations myself as it's great to get new guys interested in a hobby where they can take their kids as well to enjoy what nature has to offer, and actually find something.

We obviously keep our secret spots within the broader areas to ourselves, and those spots as we know, are not frequented by the masses because of their remoteness and effort to get to them. Great vid mate and take care on those hills.

Cheers Wal.
Thanks Wal I got into it because of your vids, as did so many others. I started mine so my mates on facebook etc and anyone else can follow and have a laugh and maybe even learn as I do. I think old mate is over estimating my Youtube following ;) And I have been doing some more cardio. hahaha

the duck said:
An old cornish trick was if you dont have a snuffer bottle is to get a small ball of clay and pick the gold up with that they use to keep the ball of clay under their hat
Thats a bloody good idea. So many old time remedies that still apply 100 years later. Thanks Balx

headbut17 said:
Hey Balx, good to put a nog to your name :)
You best hope im exhausted if you run into me headbut or you wont recognize me. Usually i look less pale and more oxygenated. ;)

backcreek said:
Hay Balx,
I think you need a dirt bike or a quad for that spot. Beats the hell out of Shank's pony.

Cheers
Mick
I think the key to it mick is less grog, less pies and to do it 20 more times and im sure it will be a breeze. ;) Going back next week so we will see how it is 2nd time around.

Balx said:
backcreek said:
Hay Balx,
I think you need a dirt bike or a quad for that spot. Beats the hell out of Shank's pony.

Cheers
Mick
I think the key to it mick is less grog, less pies and to do it 20 more times and im sure it will be a breeze. ;) Going back next week so we will see how it is 2nd time around.
Good luck next week Balx maybe a low cal pie and a low cal beer :D. they are the health foods of a nation surely you cant discard them!! :D :D

kemjak57 said:
Balx said:
backcreek said:
Hay Balx,

Cheers
Mick
Good luck next week Balx maybe a low cal pie and a low cal beer :D. they are the health foods of a nation surely you cant discard them!! :D :D

I think i have a loop hole, I will need all the calories i can get to tackle the hill? Oh yeah pies back on the menu. ;)

Latest posts