Balxie's Gold Adventures videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MJB said:
great vid balx...looks like an awesome time with the kids.

Spewing I can't make it up there for the meet up

cheers
yeah the numbers are looking awesome should have a real good weekend.

ProspectorPete said:
Great video Balx, should have my new sluice this weekend with a bit of luck and I'm itching to use it after watching this clip, I can feel a sickie or two coming on.
What did you get mate?

I was researching a fair bit then got chatting to Dustin at GoldRat Highbankers on this forum, he is making me a custom river sluice after discussing my needs and area of use.

Yeah main reason for custom build was to suit smaller creeks with lower flow situation and only run classified material through.
I've got plans over the Summer to make a home setup next to the shed where I can bring samples home each trip but for now I'm just wanting to get out there and learn as much as I can in the field.

Awesome video Balx! I might need to get myself a similar sluice to yours. Quite handy to be able to just shovel your material into it.
Looks like a great spot, hopefully i can make it up there for the meet up!

I won't be there this weekend, hoping the sluice will be ready to pick up from Ballarat this Sat or Sun and planning to get away next weekend up to where we went last week for 3 days if Tracey can swap her Friday arvo shift. I have a RDO next Fri 17th and if she can't swap the shift then I'll head to that creek for the day Fri and have a stickybeak around.
So many spots and thing we want to try, so little time to do them between settling in to our new house, got plenty of home projects on the go here so just trying to balance work and play ATM but the brain is constantly working on the play ;)

Great vid Balx...never seen Reedy like that before, would have been fun with the canoe. :eek: Just goes to show how that flour gold gets so far up the banks.

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
Great vid Balx...never seen Reedy like that before, would have been fun with the canoe. :eek: Just goes to show how that flour gold gets so far up the banks.

Cheers Wal.
Thanks Wal, She must flood really high because a few meters up the bank is heaps flood debris wrapped around the trees, bit of local knowledge as too where the cracks and crevices are would keep some good gold in you jar each and every year.

That's the great thing about Reedy and to a degree Oallen up our way,.... flour gold gets consistently redeposited after nearly every big flood. You're on the right track with the iron stained wash there mate, and generally the larger deposits are no more than a few hundred metres upstream outside the minor flood zone.

Best of luck and wish I had some spare time to get to the coming outing. Will certainly catch up next trip.

Wal.

Excellent video. The McKirk sluices really do it well. Waiting for the result....what a finish haha. Stay tuned haha.

I'm really liking your video's Balx, great watching learning tools at night until I can get out there again. Great that they're sort of local to me as well (right side of town anyway), got all my Rooftops maps in my work van and spend my lunch breaks looking for places that may be worth a try. I'll get around to trying a few out shortly when I get the chance but in the meantime it's great to watch these clips for inspiration.

Latest posts