A'van Aliner and kayak

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've finally almost got my wife to come around and get out on the scrub with me. I normally tent it, swag it or sleep in the defender when i go away, and I normally tow a boat or a trailer with my kayak on board.
I'm considering something light to tow and with virtually no setup time, with fridge, stove and bed internally because she doesn't like roughing it. I personally like hardfloor campers but she's not super keen, but she is keen on the A'van.
Anyway, i don't want something i can't even load a yak up on, and I'm having trouble finding out whether i can fit roof bars to an Avan and carry a yak that weighs 38-40 kilos.
Anybody got one or know the answer? Thanks all.

Wolfy said:
Pretty sure you can, did you check their website?
I have been checking wherever i can mate, but so far no success, not that i've seen anyway. I'll keep trying, just thought somebody on here may know one way or other for certain. Cheers Wolfy and thanks:)

Since i wrote that i started checking and now i can find no reference anywhere to a person putting a boat rack on an a-van. There was a reference somewhere about somebody getting a rack to suit a light kayak but the advice was just to go to a professional for fitting, so that doesnt help you much. I hesitate to ask why not put the yak on your car but guess you have good reasons.

Defender is too bloody high to load the yak on mate by myself. It's a fishing yak so it doesn't have anywhere to grab and lift it like a normal yak, and being an old fart i can't lift it that high on my own. Plus, i can't put a rack on the defender because my garage door only gives me 30-40 mm freeboard to get in without a rack. It's a bloody problem having or wanting toys and you have to start thinking about moving house to accommodate them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah i know that story. You will love the one about my new garage and new roof rack on the patrol, wifey did not put door up totally, tore new door off new garage. Grumpy hubby.

How about an inflatable yak?

Wolfy said:
Yeah i know that story. You will love the one about my new garage and new roof rack on the patrol, wifey did not put door up totally, tore new door off new garage. Grumpy hubby.

How about an inflatable yak?
So now you're suggesting i buy another new toy!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts