Australians we are better than this.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noncents

John
Reaction score
Interesting read, and very tragic at the same time, I'm a miner, im for mines, but not towards injustice too the landholders, that's why when I step onto private property its 50/50 down the guts, but I am a mere tiny wee little tadpole in a fricking huge pond, and unfortunately the old tar brush will come out to play, the part about the banks dose not surprise me in the least,

The dumb thing is that the govt is still supporting some entities in mining , some of whom dont even pay tax in australia .

We need to be looking ahead.

Mining is dying and i cant see it recovering in a big hurry due to competition from low cost emerging suppliers like Mongolia , Africa , South America.

China and other countries are screaming out for quality agricultural produce.

If we had a govt with an ounce of intelligence they would be stimulating and supporting farming to get it up and running to meet the global demand before other nations take it off us.

I have been following this sad story of what the so called people running this country,have been doing to it.
Allan Jones from 2gb flew to Winton to address these poor people,he has been one of the lone voices,and the smart asses call him a "SHOCK JOCK",everybody should listen to him to tell what is happening this great country.
Not only the banks are at fault,but Coles and Woolworthes,and their attack on the dairy farmers and the $1.00 milk which drove the farmers into the ground,and now the Chinese come in and pick off the farmers who are going broke,they call it investment,BS it is ownership.
We may be getting cheap goods through "Globalization"but that is what is going to kill us in the end.
I live in the Ballarat area,all the industries are leaving the area,guess what is left,the building industry,take that away and you are looking at 40 plus unemployment.
Have look at the useless councils,they put up the rates every year 8-10%,do our incomes go up by that,NO.
They tell us that the world is getting warmer another scam,carbon tax,for a world Govn,just a look the world is cooling.
I could make this a long post,but all I say is "WAKE UP"

Regards Frank

I creally could arc up about this but,
"The Robin Hood" syndrome.
Take a good look at Fabian ism,
You will not sleep tonight.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_Society
The Fabian strategy is a military strategy where pitched battles and frontal assaults are avoided in favor of wearing down an opponent through a war of attrition and indirection. While avoiding decisive battles, the side employing this strategy harasses its enemy through skirmishes to cause attrition, disrupt supply and affect morale. Employment of this strategy implies that the side adopting this strategy believes time is on its side, but it may also be adopted when no feasible alternative strategy can be devised.

The problem is we don't have any politicians that could be described as nation builders anymore...... They all have very narrow agendas and are nearly all corrupt to some point.

Some of the huge government funded projects of the past set our industries up to produce our own essentials, steel works, cement plants, clothing companies, they helped keep our agriculture strong and were keen to make our country a first class democracy. We had some of the best research facilities and some of the smartest scientists. Australia could be totally self sufficient if we had smart enough politicians.

This is an extremely dispicable act by the banks with government probably patting them on the back for being so devious. All these huge salaries for executives is a disgrace, so is the hoarding of hundreds of billions of dollars by greedy individuals who have pillaged the land and given virtually nothing back and won't, they have already shown how mean they are by refusing to pay their fair share. The government should own at least 51% of any big mining projects above a certain size to reap the rewards. These are not some companies resources they are ours, all Australians resources.

If I were in such a position having never missed a payment and have these scum try to take my property it would not be a pretty scene I can assure you.

What these mongrels do is down grade your asset worth,below your debt and then tell you are "Insolvent"and then they wind them up.

Everbody should outraged,but they are not,but they will be when this "House of cards collapses"

Regards Frank

Unfortunately everyone, Government, Business and the public have one agenda and that is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Good call noncents, we should all have our eyes opened to the BS that corporations pull on us, this link e-mailed to all radio stations would be a good start.

G'day All

I really do feel for our farmers and their problems with banks. However I can't see the connection with mining in this argument. I just looked on our work database and can see that the nearest mine to Winton is around 250 kilometres to the north west. That is the Cannington mine operated by BHP. It is in the eastern part of the Mt Isa area and there is only rugged rock out that way. So I also looked at the current exploration licence map of the entire region and there are virtually no current exploration licences for around 200 kilometres in any direction Chinese or otherwise.

There may be some problems with coal and coal seem gas in the southern parts of Queensland and in northern NSW but these are in regions with specific other problems not the least being Greens and hobby farmers. Many of the property owners with coal seam gas wells on their properties are getting up to a million dollars a year from the well owners.

I don't think we should be too quick to blame the miners for problems with drought and loss of farms to exclusively Australian owned banks.

Araluen

I don't think anyone was really blaming the miners. I think the treatent of the farmers by our federal and state governments and the banks is shameful.

Only that the land can be on sold to over sea's "Interest's"cheaply.
In other word's, Identify a some one who is border line.
Call it.
Sell it.
Profit.
Quote ABC.
Despite predictions the ANZ's announcement would put pressure on other banks to follow suit, NAB has not committed to a moratorium.

An NAB spokesperson says the bank has almost 30,000 agribusiness customers across the country, but has only foreclosed on seven in Queensland and north-west New South Wales in the last twelve months.

"We currently have no plans to foreclose on any of our drought-affected customers in Queensland and north-west New South Wales," the spokesperson said.

"Foreclosure only occurs after a lengthy period of consideration and evaluation that includes an extensive farm debt mediation process and the exhaustion of all other options."

The Commonwealth Bank also announced further drought support measures on Friday, but stopped short of matching the ANZ's commitment.

In a statement, the Bank says it will work on a 'case-by-case basis to review the needs of individual needs of customers involved in agriculture related businesses'.

The Commonwealth Bank has instead pointed to a range of options including a repayment 'holiday' and agreed interest-free periods.

Heatho your spot on here mate "The problem is we don't have any politicians that could be described as nation builders anymore...... They all have very narrow agendas and are nearly all corrupt to some point."

This is exactly whats wrong with our Politicians, they have no vision for the future. The old timers built railways, bridges, roads, snowy mountain scheme and the list goes on. Apart from the Alice to Darwin Railway when has the last decent nation building project been carried out? We should have high speed trains, Pipe lines to convey water between states, waste water to be pumped from the cities to the inland for irrigation projects.

Projects that we can be proud of for future generations to enjoy the benefits.

I was having this discussion with a workmate the other day.
All the polititians do these days is just slag each other out as much as they can to try and make a stir and win voters, only after the next change of government to pass the laws that they previously denied the former government from passing and saying it was their idea. All major parties do this. Not do what they were put in there to do in the first place, run the country and prepare it for the future.

Thats true Joe, all systems are imperfect and this is the deficiency with democracy......vote chasing clouds sensible decision making.

Surely there is someone smart enough to run this country effectively.

Sadly, common sense and efficiency play second fiddle to party power.

Roscoe said:
Heatho your spot on here mate "The problem is we don't have any politicians that could be described as nation builders anymore...... They all have very narrow agendas and are nearly all corrupt to some point."

This is exactly whats wrong with our Politicians, they have no vision for the future. The old timers built railways, bridges, roads, snowy mountain scheme and the list goes on. Apart from the Alice to Darwin Railway when has the last decent nation building project been carried out? We should have high speed trains, Pipe lines to convey water between states, waste water to be pumped from the cities to the inland for irrigation projects.

Projects that we can be proud of for future generations to enjoy the benefits.

They are the exact projects I was thinking of Roscoe, none of our politicians have the vision for stuff like that these days, they can't even get the Pacific Highway finished properly, it's a disgrace and they should all be ashamed.

Araluen, in the same article they mentioned that mining companies have been given greater access to private land to do as they please without regard for the land owners. "In the last four weeks the Newman Government has removed all farmers rights to protest to a mine and given mining companies the rights to take all the water they want from the Great Artesian Basin and at no cost to them at all."

Latest posts