Australian entrepreneurs where are you ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The whole thing about "Asians" buying our milk powder. The media are trying to stir up up race thing about it but my question is with the farmers getting bugger all for they're dairy product from the supermarkets and demand out stripping supply why can't we just produce more and make some money ? How hard is it to to make baby milk powder ?

Nah its not a media beat up or them trying to stir up a race thing, its happening and has been for a couple of years now.

They have upped the supply to retailers, but they still take the lot. Theyve even put can limits per day, but they still take the lot anyway.

I think you could have a supermarket the size of an average Woolworths stocked only with formula and it would be cleaned out daily.
The problem is the inferior product in China and personal shoppers here taking advantage of it at the expense of our domestic market.

Maybe our manufactures should (and probably are) investigate supplying directly to China. Meanwhile purchases at the local supermarket have to be regulated otherwise our kiddies go without as is happening.

As an entrepreneur, I suggest someone should come up with some counterfeit packaging, identical to the original brands that are most popular, pack them full of washing powder or some other baby formula looking substance and then stock the shelves of the supermarkets with that.
It will only then take a short while until discovery and then nobody from China will be buying the stuff.
Sort of like what happened in China, that makes them want our stuff so bad ;)

Another thought, we could import the empty used cans from China as recycling waste. Obviously the Chinese will be wanting to get rid of them as their sick of us dumping out waste on them and then all we have to do is just repackage into those.

Goldfreak said:
Why not up the supply some more ? That's how capitalism is meant to work right ?

I think you will find it is their government that are stopping more being sent into China.

Satman said:
Another thought, we could import the empty used cans from China as recycling waste. Obviously the Chinese will be wanting to get rid of them as their sick of us dumping out waste on them and then all we have to do is just repackage into those.

I think they recycle the empty containers into copies of Minelad detectors and try to pass them back to us. :8

Cheers

Doug

The chinese should bring in their own strict food tampering laws and make their own supply. They should also stop sending us cheap, shoddy, dangerous, poisonous lead coated, asbestos filled trash.

It's not a race thing at all, why would it be racist to not like people who are ripping you off and poisoning you? :rolleyes:

Also you could pull down every tree in Australia and have cattle as the only population and still not have enough milk powder for the overpopulated chinese.

Heatho said:
The chinese should bring in their own strict food tampering laws and make their own supply. They should also stop sending us cheap, shoddy, dangerous, poisonous lead coated, asbestos filled trash.

It's not a race thing at all, why would it be racist to not like people who are ripping you off and poisoning you? :rolleyes:

Also you could pull down every tree in Australia and have cattle as the only population and still not have enough milk powder for the overpopulated chinese.
Here is a map you might find interesting. Africa and the middle east is where the next big population explosion will be.
1522714062_population_growth_rate_world_2005-2010_un.jpg

Satman said:
As an entrepreneur, I suggest someone should come up with some counterfeit packaging, identical to the original brands that are most popular, pack them full of washing powder or some other baby formula looking substance and then stock the shelves of the supermarkets with that.
It will only then take a short while until discovery and then nobody from China will be buying the stuff.

So you want to poison babies? WTF dude...

DropBear said:
Satman said:

So you want to poison babies? WTF dude...
Yes probably not going to make him many friends but I assume he is not being serious

Latest posts