aussie pub rock

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davent said:
Russell Morris is a genius guitarist, really good.
Old haunts for me were the General Bourke, Landsdowne, Vulcan, Time and tide, Ryans, Headlands, the iron duke among others.....the phonecian club....more that ive forgotton, used to go and see the the trilobites, the hard ons, celebate rifles, the new christs, the lime spiders, zambian goat hearders, tumbleweed, as well as the more mainstream bands like the radiators, angels, midnight oil even saw Inxs at pubs, port maquarie RSL, lol.
Then there are the acts that dont really suit my style that I actually enjoyed live like Jon English...blew me away!
Most memorable acts....Radio Birdman, Sunny boys, rose tattoo, jon English, the amazing Zarzoff bros, split enz last tour, enz with a bang.powderfinger. the poor rocked hard. Beasts of bourbon.

International acts that were good and terrible, lol.
Motorhead were the Loudest by far. DEF LEPPARD were the worst by far....wish I could have that hour back, sex pistols filthy lucre tour was so so good, ZZ top were amazing,

Forgot Johnos blues band!

Good old Johno is still around,
spends his days now busking on the Cairns Esplanade ever since his nightclub - Johno's Blues Bar was shut down in 2007 in a joint effott by qld liquor licensing and cairns police. :mad:
Always good to hear him banging out his versions of popular rock songs, particularly like his rendition of 'radar love' with extended guitar solos! :)

Latest posts