At the river

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Decided to head out for a dig out at Oallen. Did not go to the crossing today but tried another spot we have been to once or twice.
Arrived out later than we would have liked and after geiing the gear down it was 12:30. Dipped a few quick pans but decided just to setup and dig as we were loosing the day. We dug for about an hour and had a clean out and were happy with what we say probably 0.2-0.3g. Dug for about another 1.5 hours before we started loosing light and decided to call it quits. The final cleanout was ok but not quiet what we had hoped for despite a few larger flakes for the ford.
All up we managed 0.66g for our effort. Next time I will remember to bring the crevasing tools. :rolleyes: :8

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnG0dp7Fxnk[/video]

Nice effort there Shivan....missed you by a day. The banker looks heaps better with the extra bars on that grizzly and should get a fair bit more of that "Flour" now. We're off there today for a half day outing and look forward to maybe catching up on the next trip...Cheers Wal. :)

That ritual gold dance on the mat is a must from now on :) great vid again mate and a nice spot. Thanks for sharing Shivan

Nice One Shivan, love the little ones dance moves :) mine used to do that to Bob the builder music not that he admits to it now ;)
I'll take .66 any day, nice vid mate.

Cheers

Col

Has it really been three years :eek:
Those were the days.... the wife would let me out for a dig every second weekend, kids were manageable and we even got a little gold.
Most of the time when I ask to go out for a dig now I just get a glare :| ;)

shivan said:
Has it really been three years :eek:
Those were the days.... the wife would let me out for a dig every second weekend, kids were manageable and we even got a little gold.
Most of the time when I ask to go out for a dig now I just get a glare :| ;)
Hahaha poor bugga! Looked like a good day out on the vid, a lot of digging and big boulder rolling for a small amount, but that's gold! Always good to see members diggin adventures :)

We managed to bump into Bob and Fran about a month or so ago, was great to see them.
Great to hear you had a good day out DrDuck. Oh happy birthday!

AR, back then our motto was work hard not smart ;) unfortunately, not much has changed :rolleyes:

Latest posts