Around the parks with the Ace250

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must have been very excited,...and tired after that effort, I keep seeing a sov on here, it must be a bit of a premonition(has to happen for one of us on here eventually).

Cripes, do you reckon someone has been discriminating out 20c and below in your local park, looks like a possibility - nice haul! :)

All the G O L D will still be there in the ground then(aaaahahahahahahahaaaaaa).

Dig the lot then Sandta,.... but only in selected areas(that's what I do sometimes) bloody hard yakka that though, and you don't get to move too far either(better to do that in the shade).

You could be right GP... goldies have really been few and far between at this spot
Unfortunately there is no shade at this site :(
Ive got light clothes( longs) and a nice straw type hat, but i dont like being out in that extreme heat , so usually a couple of hours in the morning and a couple at the end of the day is the extent of my hunts.
Im ok with digging all the pull tabs( more so when finished though... It sucks when there are so many)
I try to be systematic about the whole thing. I take my time( generally) so as not to miss anything.
If i dont/cant finish the entire area , thats usually where my next hunt begins until its completed.

It's mostly because of the hours I have to do it, but I haven't been detecting during daylight... at all. (sunset was the earliest)

It's cooler by then and I only have to fumble with a light, otherwise I have the beach and park mostly to myself.

If I was actually not occupied in the day I'd go out in the daylight some more! (though being used to not having people around I'd want a buddy to go detecting with to share the experience for a change)

MrCornford said:
It's mostly because of the hours I have to do it, but I haven't been detecting during daylight... at all. (sunset was the earliest)

It's cooler by then and I only have to fumble with a light, otherwise I have the beach and park mostly to myself.

If I was actually not occupied in the day I'd go out in the daylight some more! (though being used to not having people around I'd want a buddy to go detecting with to share the experience for a change)

Similar story here Mr Cornford. I do shift work and most of my detecting is after arvo shift around 1130 pm.

Too hot for daytime park detecting at the moment, the only place I would bother hitting during the day is the beach, and in the shallows if your detector is water capable. At least at night grassed areas hit dew point, creating a bit of extra moisture to make digging easier, and less prone to damage.

I was going to go for a look but daughter needed some water weeds from the creek(15k away, it had to be the right one) to go with the drain guppies she caught the other day(500 metres away),... now she has all that and about twenty fresh water shrimp as well,... great time with nice memories in the making, that's the main thing(mind you I did notice a few spots along the way that will require some recon in the future to ascertain their detecting worth).Perfect weather for me in my neck of the woods.

Im away all this week for work...
Last night we went out for dinner with the customer ... Brazillian BBQ :p yummo
Ive been looking around the area on google earth , so this arvo/evening i went or a hunt
Not too bad ;)
1426672652_image.jpg

$9 goldies,3x2c ,2x1c...toasted'47 penny , nice '44 three pence :D and an unidentified .. Coin? Maybe token
1426672816_image.jpg

1426672857_image.jpg

Ill try to clean it better when i get back home and post pics

Latest posts