Anyone take bbqing seriously?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else here takes the art of bbqing seriously like I do? Even thoughts and ideas on building bbq's.

Offset smokers, ceramic smokers, charcoal grills etc etc. I've pretty much got all of the above, wife would kill me if I bought another.

I'm always up for sharing ideas and pics on anything bbq related! :Y:

Cheers !

Upside said:
Just wondering if anyone else here takes the art of bbqing seriously like I do? Even thoughts and ideas on building bbq's.

Offset smokers, ceramic smokers, charcoal grills etc etc. I've pretty much got all of the above, wife would kill me if I bought another.

I'm always up for sharing ideas and pics on anything bbq related! :Y:

Cheers !

Mate you will be in heaven just wait for Ramjet Smoky Bandit Billy and Dr Duck to reply these guys are very good at it imo :beer:

Check out the Today I Cooked thread and you won't be disappointed.

I have a offset smoker and a charcoal grill. Can cook just about anything with those two.

I also recently got a cast iron camp oven that im getting use to slowly. I think I might built a fireplace in the back yard so I can use it more frequently

Ramjet is a beast on his low and slow!! Should start a dedicated low and slow thread!! :perfect: :perfect:

HippyProspecting said:
I have a offset smoker and a charcoal grill. Can cook just about anything with those two.

I also recently got a cast iron camp oven that im getting use to slowly. I think I might built a fireplace in the back yard so I can use it more frequently

This was delicious to cook in a camp oven! ...

https://youtu.be/TYDIahXbplI

I do subscribe to his channel but I haven't seen this video.
Im trying that recipe for sure. It looks like a delicious winter warmer

I try and cook a few things on some bbq's :p

1611125106_20170930_110320.jpg

HippyProspecting said:

I've cooked it twice now. Bloody delicious but, remove as much fat as you can 1st. It gets a bit oily from it , but besides that it's great.

Upside said:
HippyProspecting said:

I've cooked it twice now. Bloody delicious but, remove as much fat as you can 1st. It gets a bit oily from it , but besides that it's great.
I think my cholesterol just went off the chart watching that
Yumm :drooling:

Upside said:
HippyProspecting said:

This was delicious to cook in a camp oven! ...

https://youtu.be/TYDIahXbplI

Looks good. But at the 6.50 mark he says that it does not taste like lamb at all. I like to taste the lamb. :)

Oh Bloody HELL !!

Now you guys have my BBQ toes twitching.

We cook cupcakes scones every other cake all meats and breads pizza pancakes toasties pasta rice yiros and almost anything bloody else on a BBQ of one sort or another.

My kids love it, the wife loves it and I enjoy the challenge.

When I announce "Weber tomorrow" there is a collective cheer, and food service is quick, we nailed a 2.5kg chook in about 8min down to bones and full plates, the family blisses out.

Strange thing is that the only BBQ I bought, is off to the side doing nothing, we use BBQ's that have been discarded and refurbished at minimal cost, mainly a big clean up job.
they go camping and if damaged I dont fret.

They all have proven themselves.

I have 7 total.

:8

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The wife always worries when I rush out with the trailer.........

O:)

Latest posts