Anyone in an apprentice so to speak- geelong

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone would anyone be nice enough to teach a young gun the ropes and take me under there
Wing just like an apprentice haha. I've been researching gold mining for a while now but can't do anything bout it because
I'm from Geelong and have no way anywhere and haven't had any experience.

If you were east Melbourne i would've suggested you to contact AtomRat, he knows what he`s doing and he`s been a good teacher to me.
Geelong boys around? grab this fella and give some advice :)

I'm from G Town.

However, I am Nooooob. I would however suggest a few cool things, nearish to Gtown.

Mortlake peridot quarry. Its free and less than 2 hours drive. Also you will find stuff. Lots of stuff(even if you don't want to break open the lava bombs they look cool)

The Golden triangle is just 45 mins up the road, and you can hire an SDC from EE Days and sons in the Rat for $60 and you will find lots of things, if you go somewhere near ballarat(theres lots of spots, apparently). I hired one and found tonnes of birdshot and fencing wire, so they work really good.

Anakie is really close and theres gold there.

Also apparently there is a mineral of Limeburners point that you can only find in Geelong. I can't remember what it is, but thats cool yeah?

Seriously Just ask these guys on the forum. Or google the shit out of it. Also Have a crack and you might be the next dude with 5kgs of gold in your pocket. (PS the Surf PI sucks, and the aldi detector is great)

James

Goldfev3r said:
Hey everyone would anyone be nice enough to teach a young gun the ropes and take me under there
Wing just like an apprentice haha. I've been researching gold mining for a while now but can't do anything bout it because
I'm from Geelong and have no way anywhere and haven't had any experience.

best to buy some prospecting books then go out with someone if your in it for mining or just general prospecting I can help I've worked in a few mines like Costerfield antimony mine but I was born 150 years too late missed all the big rushers where I would of loved to dig shafts side by side other fellow miners. atom rat thinks im a blast from the past the way I dig holes by hand and the shear effort I go to hahaha.

Latest posts