And Now For Something Completely Different

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug

Doug Stickland
Reaction score
This video was shot on the weekend of the International Fleet Review.
Airspace over Sydney CBD is pretty much controlled airspace although there is a allowance made for General Aviation aircraft using a prescribed track called Harbour Scenic One.
Watch in HD! (I'm the old geezer on the left...)

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TSXnJDdXTk[/video]

Very cool that you were able to do that.
Was that something you always wanted to do or was it a gift?
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys -aircraft was purchased out of my Super whilst I can still pass the Medical for my licence! Pilots fly from the left seat so it's me flying as well.
Aircraft is hangered at Wedderburn which is to the South of Sydney. Just PM if you want to go for a spin......

What a great little clip there Doug. :eek: That would be a great little asset for taking some aerial shots of the goldfields around Bathurst and Tuena. Would beat Google Earth any day.

Cheers Wal.

Definitely do-able Wal....let me know when you're ready :)

Hay Doug,
That's awesome footage and you couldn't ask for better flying weather that's for sure.
I worked for QF for 31 years and the birds are in my blood.
The only thing I have flown is the 747 and 380 simulators a couple of times.
Nice work.
Cheers
Mick

Chocks away Doug.. great video mate, so glad they didnt shoot you down.. All that hardware in the harbour would have made a few people nervous

Cheers, Tone

Wow Doug!!!

That's unreal, I've walked the bridge a couple of times but that's nowhere near as cool as that :)
Good on you and thanks for giving us a squize.

Regards Dal

Absolutely fantastic. It brought memories of the good old days, as a TAA air hostess. I was even lucky enough to sit in the cockpit for landing one time coming into Sydney. The views are just spectacular.

Latest posts