Anaconda 25% Off Sale - Cheap Minelab X-Terra Series Detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just in case anyone was looking at an entry level detector or stocking up on some camping supplies Anaconda 25% off store wide sale started today.

I've been hanging out for this for months now waiting patiently as I have the OK from the Minister of Finanace and Wars (my wife) to get my first detector on the proviso it was at the sale price, and after much waiting the sale is back on!

The X-Terra 705 dual pack which they normal sell for $999.99 is down to $749.99 which is even less than what the single coil gold pack or treasure pack normally goes for. Of course the Gold or Treasure packs have dropped down to $637.49 which is as bout a good a price you'll get for a brand spanking new X-Terra.

They also have the minelab headphones and carry bag for the X-Terra detectors too.

p.s. I am not affiliated with Anaconda in any way, but I am a lover of a good bargain!

Everytime I hear the word Anaconda I think of Niki Minaj lol

Thats a good deal though! Another place that sells Minelabs that is going on sale just before Xmas maybe to clear out stock? Or just because its christmas upcoming.

Cheers :)

Which of the detectors advertised would be best for gold detecting, the duel or the gold pack. Would the eureka gold be better than both of them?

Q1. The gold pack coil frequency (18.75kHz) is the best 705 coil frequency for gold detecting and being a DD coil, it handles ground mineralisation better than a concentric, which is more sensitive. The dual coil pack 705 is intended for both gold prospecting and park/beach hunting. If you are solely interested in looking for gold, don't bother spending the extra for the dual pack.

Q2. The Eureka Gold has 3-way switchable frequency choice and fast/slow/fixed ground tracking - all useful features, IMHO. It's the last of a long line of Minelab analog VLF detectors that have found a lot of gold over the last 20+ years, although the advantages of Pulse Induction in mineralised ground have increasingly overshadowed them. The Eureka runs on a 12 volt battery pack (compared to the 6 volts of the 705), and I'd hazard a guess that as a result, it's pushing a stronger electrical field into the ground and so is likely to detect deeper than the 705. Also, its 20 and 60 kHz frequencies would make it more sensitive to gold than the 705. In my opinion the Eureka is a better prospecting machine than the 705.

The biggest operational difference between the two machines is the push-button, visual operating system of the 705 versus the analog, knob and switch, screenless controls of the Eureka. I note that one PA member recently swapped his hi-tech Nokta Fors detector for a Whites, because the on-screen menus and up/down button selection process were detracting from his enjoyment of detecting. The advantage of one or other of these approaches comes down to personal preference.

isolation said:
Which of the detectors advertised would be best for gold detecting, the duel or the gold pack. Would the eureka gold be better than both of them?

I read this particular article and found it worth the read. Noteably the points below which I have copied and pasted from the article.

Eureka Gold advantages:
Three optional frequencies selectable at the flick of a switch to optimize the detector for different sized targets
Audio boost switch to boost faint signals that may otherwise be missed
2 Tracking speeds (Fast/Slow) to optimize the detector for varying ground conditions
Long life rechargeable battery supplied
Hip-mount capability
3 optional accessory coils: 8 round DD for extra maneuverability, and 11 round DD for improved ground coverage & depth on larger targets, and 15 Coiltek (waterproof).
Knobs and switches style detector so all the functions can be seen at a glance.

X-TERRA 705 advantages:
3 frequency options, selectable by changing the coil to optimize for different target sizes
3 Ground Balance options: Manual, Auto & Tracking select the best option for different ground conditions
Beach Ground Balance mode for working the wet sand
Ground Balance readout - so you can follow the ground readings while searching (lower numbers means higher mineralizaton)
Lightweight, ergonomic design
Simple LCD menu system
Runs on just 4 x AA batteries with over 20 hours run time
Optional Tracking Off-set for those who like to run their Ground balance slightly positive or negative
7 optional coils, including waterproof options, plus a range of Coiltek coils
Excellent pin-point mode
Full discrimination in Coin and Treasure Mode (makes a great Coin & Relic detector)

http://www.minelab.com/treasure-talk/x-terra-705-gold-vs-eureka-gold

I guess if you are looking at specifically gold only that the Eureka is defintely the better of the two, I don't think there is any questioning that. If you think you'd like to do some coin shooting and relic hunting as well as looking for gold than the 705 dual pack is the hands down winner. The reality is neither machine is a high end gold detector but put in the right set of hands either will have the capability to find gold, albeit one slightly better than the other.

Cant complain about those prices. Bloke I know wanted the Terra not long back and the lowest he could get from a dealer was a measly $40 off. Just shows they could have easily gone heaps lower.

elbowgrease said:
The reality is neither machine is a high end gold detector but put in the right set of hands either will have the capability to find gold, albeit one slightly better than the other.

That sums it up pretty well. We all want the best tool for the job, but if you don't know how or where to use it, it aint much good. You can't beat knowledge, experience, or hard work. Oh hang on, i think dumb luck beats everything :)

Thanks to you Elbowgrease im now $637 poorer. :lol: Told the misses about how cheap they were and guess who had to have one. Picked it up today.

elbowgrease said:
isolation said:

I read this particular article and found it worth the read. Noteably the points below which I have copied and pasted from the article.

Hey, that's my article ;)

PhaseTech said:
elbowgrease said:
isolation said:

Hey, that's my article ;)

You know, when I read that article on the Minelab website I was sure the little avatar pic was the same as someone on the forums! Small world isn't it!

Jon said:
Thanks to you Elbowgrease im now $637 poorer. :lol: Told the misses about how cheap they were and guess who had to have one. Picked it up today.

I got me the dual coil pack. Ordered it first day of the sale but only picked it up today. Had to go to Melbourne today anyway so figured I'd save myself the $30 postage. Got home too late to play with it so that's tomorrows play time sorted.

Might still get the headphones while they are 25% off. Probably shoulda got them while I was there LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts