Amazing find crevicing the creek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For the holiday weekend, I went to my favourite creek to scratch out a few cracks.
Using my DIY crack scratcher, which is a large, bent, flat-head screwdriver, I cleared out about 5 or 6 cracks for almost no gold.
But my luck changed on the 7th one.
As I got to the bottom I felt my tool scrape over something that was not rock, and it was big.
When I dug it out, I couldn't believe my eyes.
Behold...
20240127_135455.jpg
...Another DIY crack scratcher.
I like it, it's pointy.

Have a great weekend.

Nice Dave but too pretty to use imo. Cheers Mackka
haha yes, but once the paint comes off it's just a tool to use, and the handle is very comfy, the hook scraper part is strips of 5mm plough disk heated and hammered down thin and shaped, heat treated hardened and tempered steel after shaping, and the handle is 6mm mild steel rods

this is my crevicing tool, that I made 😁
They look very durable, comfortable, and fancy. Like a "Buy once, cry once" type of tool.
I have "Big Bent" because I've always had it. I don't remember buying it but I did bend it 30 something years ago, and its been the most useful thing ever since.
Now that I have "Pointy Boy", Big Bent will get some rest.

They look very durable, comfortable, and fancy. Like a "Buy once, cry once" type of tool.
I have "Big Bent" because I've always had it. I don't remember buying it but I did bend it 30 something years ago, and its been the most useful thing ever since.
Now that I have "Pointy Boy", Big Bent will get some rest.
There is nothing wrong with the tools that you have got there lostandfound. Stick with them and you won't have to cry twice if you lose them.

Latest posts