Alternative style homes

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friend posted this on Facebook and I thought it was really cool, homes made from shipping containers http://news.distractify.com/culture...is-shipping-container-is-a-stunning-home/?v=1

container20-934x.jpg

enhanced-buzz-8140-1381859769-29-620x.jpg

enhanced-buzz-23176-1381857826-0-620x.jpg

I'd love to build something like this one day :)

Feel free to post any alternative style homes you might have come across.

As cheap asbthey would be to build and deck out, one wonders if they would pass our stringent building codes

When I looked Into tgis a few companies that provided plans and supplies quoted "pre council approved" I know the mining industry has been using mobile housing like this for years cant imagine there would be yoo many issues. Accept the ludites complaining

I suppose if you had it designed properly by an architect it might get approval as a dwelling.
But personally I will still with a regular home and rig up a ex army unimog with a nice living box on the back. That will go anywhere and everywhere

There are a few companies around that make " modular" dwellings. There was a story on Better homes, or something in that genre a coupke ofvyears ago. They were based on 40' cotainer modules. Easy to transport. Bolt together etc.. Only issue that would prevent you fron turning a few into a habitat would be ventilation.. ohh and good insulation..

Cheers, Tone

yeah i bought some hobbits in to work on 457 visa's but they all went up to kings cross to party and they never came back

i heard they got picked up by the council dog ranger , micro chipped and sold but they wont tell me where they went next due to privacy legislation

bluddy ripped off i tell ya

mind you i get the last laugh imagining those naughty hobbits having to eat dog food every day

HeadsUp said:
yeah i bought some hobbits in to work on 457 visa's but they all went up to kings cross to party and they never came back

i heard they got picked up by the council dog ranger , micro chipped and sold but they wont tell me where they went next due to privacy legislation

bluddy ripped off i tell ya

mind you i get the last laugh imagining those naughty hobbits having to eat dog food every day

DAMM IT !! better cancel the materials order list for a cage, back to the drawing board i spose, thanks for the............. "HeadsUp" ;)

Latest posts