Alert Madonna - no longer a Virgin!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally broke my duck a week or so ago by finding a small bit with my recently sold 2300.

After panning most of the day I ran the detector over the screenings and got a little peep like a shotgun pellet.
After some looking I narrowed the target down to a small piece of quartz - but no sign of gold.

I took it home and split it - still just white quartz. Ran the 4 bits past the detector and again one "peeped"
One more hit with the hammer and it appeared.

1474158027_img_20160918_100755.jpg

Very small - but you always remember your first!

Very nice specimen, well done.
Agree,,, you will always remember your first!

Cheers
Diablo

That's awesome. How big was the quartz piece when it first sounded in the screenings?

Did the gold all stay together on the piece of quartz in the picture? or did some remain on the other broken piece of quartz?

jm9422 said:
That's awesome. How big was the quartz piece when it first sounded in the screenings?

Did the gold all stay together on the piece of quartz in the picture? or did some remain on the other broken piece of quartz?

The original piece was only about a 3/4 inch square - luckily the gold all stayed intact in the one piece.

The photo makes it look bigger than it is - but its still pretty - in my eyes anyway.

Thanks to all for the best wishes - next to buy a 4500 or 5000.

Latest posts