Aldi pre decs and relics

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went for a swing yesterday with the not so trusty Aldi detector and had a good day. A few Pennies and Half Pennies. A couple of silvers (one nice one). And a couple of relics.

I've done a bit of research on the badge and it looks to be a WW2 RAF pathfinder squadron badge. I'm hoping someone out there can either confirm my research or correct me if I'm wrong. It is a bit bent but still looks nice.

The other relic could be a musket ball but I am no expert, its quite heavy for the size.

1477038869_finds_20-10-16.jpg

1477038903_pathfinder_badge.jpg

1477038984_1914_sixpence.jpg

Ramjet said:
Awesome finds. Many with much more expensive machines will be jealous of those finds. The Aldi does OK for the price.

Check out Heatho's Aldi hunts for inspiration. :D https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5199

Thanks RJ, I think I've finally worked out what it saying when it talks to me. After nearly 12 months using it, I can confirm that I enjoy this sport, so now its time for an upgrade (early Christmas present). Aldi will live in the car ;)

Nice work Colour blind,that sixpence looks brand new and love the badge.Inspires me to get mine out and have another go.Do you run yours in all metal mode?I have identified a park in Goulburn that has been a recreation area since the 1840s,I had a swing there but gave up due to having trouble with actually finding the target.Do you use a pinpointer?I find that without a pinpointer I need to dig far to big a hole.

Eldorado said:
Nice work Colour blind,that sixpence looks brand new and love the badge.Inspires me to get mine out and have another go.Do you run yours in all metal mode?I have identified a park in Goulburn that has been a recreation area since the 1840s,I had a swing there but gave up due to having trouble with actually finding the target.Do you use a pinpointer?I find that without a pinpointer I need to dig far to big a hole.
G'day Eldorado. Yes mate all metal mode, I just move the sensitivity around a bit depending on the ground and junk. I dont have a pinpointer yet and yes your right sometimes its hard to get an exact location of the target, although its getting easier, for this reason I tend to stick areas that are out of the way, if you know what I mean. I saying that it would still be hard to see where I have been.

Nice hunting, you've almost inspired me to get my aldi out for a swing. They are not a bad detector for the price, mine always surprises me with what it can find. :)

I managed to get out for a quick swing this morning in between the rainfall. Went to a favourite spot that seems to always produce something. Today I found my oldest coin to date, an 1879 3p. its not in the best condition but I'll take it any day. It was sitting on the surface under a rock on the edge of the road where the water has been flowing ;) . Also managed a few BB's and some junk jewelry. Anyone got any idea what the brooch/ necklace looking thing is?

1489975744_20.03.2017.jpg

1489975773_20.03.2017_junk.jpg

1489975797_20.03.2017_3p.jpg

1489975815_20.03.2017_3ph.jpg

HoudiniHarry said:
You have got that ALDI machine buzzing. Your finds would make many of us bask in the glow of a job well done.

Cheers

Thanks HH, a fair bit of it is luck I feel ;)

Stru said:
all that without a pin pointer, well done i reckon. reminds me i never saw the aldi's in stock this xmas/new year

Stru, I now have a pin pointer and a garrett digger. Speeds things up a bit :)