Aldi "Can Hunter" dectector finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had a little play on Sunday for an hour at a diff park, has heaps of foot traffic
maybe someone else has a swing there (highly likely) as it was low on finds

$1 in coins
plenty of scraps
1456915736_dsc_1367.jpg

total $15.33

got all excited when i saw this in the hole near the scout park today

can i claim it as a ring....... lol :eek:
looks like off some sort of tap fitting or something might be brass / copper coated
1456916102_dsc_1369.jpg

i was happy i was able to "find" it without a pinpointer an just and old screwdriver

Bit of a bummer when you feel something ring shaped it the soil, only to find it's just junk - been there quite a few times unfortunately. The grounds around scout halls sometimes hold some pretty good finds, especially vintage scout badges and pins. Vintage Girl Guide pins are reasonably common finds on the forum, more so than ones from the Scouts. ;)

been a bit quite with the can hunter...

found a about $2 the other week in the park

Went to the beach today at Paradise point near hope island gold coast QLDfor a picnic and had a swing.

I dug everything in the dry sand "netted" area and cleaned out a reasonable amount of wire / ally etc but nothing of value.
ToT lot was also barren.....

what was interesting was the aldi did go pretty deep in the sand as i had never tried before.
I wondered if i was missing coins due to wet sand deeper down?

i know why... just after i packed up another guy showed up and did the Tot lot a 2nd time :)
I had just worked over is patch :)
i watched and he did not dig anything so at least i thought i had also covered it pretty well...

My Aldi finds to date.
1464319443_optimized-20160227_191443.jpg

best find- Gold ring found at park, missus cashed it in for $100 credit at the jewellers than got some of her old jewellery fixed. Happy wife ;) and she agreed that it has paid for itself.
1464319610_finds_270516.jpg

Other stuff- some interesting finds including $38, paid for the batteries.

Every other find from here on in is savings for an upgrade :p

Only found the round 50 this morning at the beach, obviously only just been dropped as it is great condition. its a 2014
Wasn't sure what it was when I first picked it up, I didn't know they changed the size of them 10 years ago. I've only ever seen the larger models.

Apparently the fifty cent was made smaller, lighter and of a cheaper alloy (nickel-plated steel), but still worth 50c???

Maheel

Well done mate. You have the right idea. Let me say that I spent $1500 on a detector & haven't found $15 yet. You are doing OK in my book.

My view only. Netball fields are a lonely place around here. Not as many spectators.

Kids soccer fields you get mums & dads sitting around, dads are always fumbling around for coins so they can get a ruddy coffee & bacon/egg roll because it's so early for their games.

Trust me I know

You have me thinking now. Might try mine out again

Keep it up.

I've never done any good at netball courts either, women don't carry change in their pockets like men usually do. Women usually keep their change in a purse in their handbags. Soccer and footy fields always seem to pay well for me.