AGSON Geoscience Portal

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrisJoe

Joe
Reaction score
Here is the website to get free geol;ogical maps of all the minerals under the ground and at what depths etc.
Select 250,000:1 on the right, then the ZOOM + tool and zoom in on the area you are interested in.
When close enough, select the SELECT tool and click on your box of choice. It will open in a new window with 3 different image quality settings, then when it loads, click the map name at the top of the screen in blue and the map will load.

Note: These are full size maps, and to print them so they are legibal you will have to use a plotting printer like at officeworks and such.

It also gives on the bottom of the map a cutaway view of of the mineral layout etc

http://www.geoscience.gov.au/cgi-bi...dex.map&mode=browse&layer=map250&queryon=true

Thanks BrisJoe, great to see prospects in our area. Time to study and plan a trip!

Bris. Not to steal your thread but you can get 1:100k geo maps for free. Pdf format. I will post a link soon but if you look up qdex on internet. It is qld gov.. do a search for the area of intrest in the repot title or if you know the map number enter that..
You can use it to find older reports on mines and other mineral related info. I use it all the time for research

Cheers , Tone

Fellow Queenslanders and those planning on visiting, here is the link I promised in the above post.

https://qdexguest.deedi.qld.gov.au/portal/site/qdex/index

You dont need to register, just search, it looks a bit daunting at first, but if you type in the general area you are interested in, you will get some old reports come up. most are from mining companies relinquishing Blocks and sub blocks but some are the annual reports.

Enjoy,

Cheers, Tone

Thanks Tone, I had a play earlier through a google search and got a few maps off it.

Now, who has access to a plotting printer?
Officeworks is too expensive for the amount of maps I want to print

You can print the maps onto a4 by selecting poster. Most printers will support this mode gor pdf file. When i printed one at work it divided it into 16 a4 pages.. or just take a screen shot. Zoom into your are of intrest and screen shot.. ctrl + prnt screen.. then paste into word or powerpoint and go frm there.
Hope this helps.

Cheers, Tone

I was looking at printing the whole map, as I can superimpose the prospecting areas onto them so I can read the terrain before I go there and somewhat make a plan to hit the areas most geologically probable to have greatest sucess.

Latest posts