Advice about buying a sieve

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this type of fossiking and wanting to buy some sieves. I will mostly be loooking for topaz on the beach so I'm guessing stainless steel? Any advice about what brand or type of sieve to buy would be much appreciated. Thank you:)

I can't help you there mate but I'm sure someone on PA can, there's a ton of knowledge on the forum and welcome aboard :)

I got these of e bay about $50 free postage they work well for me however there my be others out there that are better
GOLD SIEVE SET PANNING PROSPECTING 2 Sieves Classifier GEM FOSSICKING DETECTOR

Bunnings do a plastic garden soil sieve that has a square hole mesh about 4mm and handles moulded into the rim. It is perfectly sized to fit on top of one of those flexitubs.

I use one to process volume and retain decent sized stones. The flexitube takes the weight of a loaded sieve and I can shake the sieve with it attached. If I want to save the fines, they end up in the tub and I swap for a new one when full, otherwise I empty when about 3/4 full.

Latest posts