Ads

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just logged on a checked my topics and there is a bloody NAB ad on there!!@!@!Is this really needed on this forum??

Point taken, and will probably take out a yearly membership.
Had just got off the 'net and was trying to look at a news item and every time got swamped by ads. Got the sh3!s when I logged on here and same thing. Opologies

That's ok, This is a happy environment with good advice and help given

Got a feeling with your profile picture Not given a Dam and a negative post already :(
Lets stay positive mate :D

Has the forum changed servers as it seems to be going a LOT slower for me lately? I have checked my connection and other sites and hey are all ok.

The forum has been displaying ads for 12 months or more so nothing new there. As mentioned above, ads aren't shown to users subscribed to the premium membership. The server hasn't changed and I haven't noticed any issues with performance.

Cheers,
Nugget

colby said:
Just logged on a checked my topics and there is a bloody NAB ad on there!!@!@!Is this really needed on this forum??

Colby each browser has the capability to filter all ads. example Firefox "free add on" called Adblock Plus (here I'm using an an old virtual XP Windows image to test) Stripping all frames used in advertising.
1416481528_ad.jpg

Sure members are free to block ads if they wish, but obviously these ads contribute to the forum on a financial level. So rather than blocking ads, members may want to consider upgrading their forum account to support the forum well into the future.

Cheers,
Nugget

I for one support the forum through continuous posting and raffle purchase. If youd like to put the raffle purchase/donation into monetary comparison vs P-membership that puts me 4 to 5 years ahead. Other members have contributed equally or a lot more. This is not about funding the forum from members. This is about answering a question for a member that finds annoying ads popping up in general browsing not just PA. If I had to give $20.00 to every site so I dont see the ads I would need a second job. Lets face it this is a community forum and we help each other out where we can.

My comment wasn't directed at you personally Joe, it was a general statement for the longevity of the forum. Your answer was completely valid as I would like to have thought mine was.

It's sort of like when you live under the approach path of an airport and a visitor drops in and ducks every time a plane roars in overhead, whereas you don't even notice it yourself,...I just let subconscious deal with the adds on its own level and buy things I don't want at inopportune times.(ha)

Danmuss said:
That's ok, This is a happy environment with good advice and help given

Got a feeling with your profile picture Not given a Dam and a negative post already :(
Lets stay positive mate :D

Yep very annoying avatar but its a free country. There was another little yellow man last year that someone used, cant remember.
I like the funny TShirt ad with the girls woohoo 8) :cool:

Latest posts