AC/DC new lead singer. I'm stunned.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
Tribsa 56 said:
I would have picked Angry Anderson ex rose tattoo :p

Nah, lol...... He's good on Houso's though. :D

LOL I once may have lost out on being cast in a film because Angry Anderson was the person they had lined up to play my character's father (I'm a little over 6ft).

It wouldn't work if Angus joined the gunners, different style. Seeing Malcolm Young is crook too they need Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian also. Half of Anthrax should join AC/DC, hell yeah.

Seriously though I think they have all gone senile if Axle is gonna be singing for them......... It would be like getting Bruce Dickinson to join The Angels, both great bands but not gonna work.... :(

In my humble opinion - IT HAS NEVER BEEN - AC/DC since Bon Scott died.

I honestly think that bands make these decisions purely for commercial reasons replacing the lead singer/main character with Joe Blogs :rolleyes:

Another best example - INXS

TNT was my very first album used in one of my password questions - Don't Tell Anyone :eek:

Thing was Bon died when they were just starting to get big, they had way too much awesome music to do before packing it in. I think Brian Johnson did a good job, they wrote plenty of albums with him, he suited thier sound, not the original but a good replacement.

I feel the same about Iron Maiden, Paul Di'anno had a much better and raw voice that sounded great on the Killers album, then Bruce Dickinson came along as a successor but I don't think he sounded as good. Just my opinion. Both great front men though.

Everything is commercial, of course they want to make money doing what they love, who wouldn't. :) Also a lot of the time 1 man doesn't make a band.

What a weird selection this is! They could have their pick of vocalists worldwide and they chose someone who sounds nothing like Brian or Bon. Maybe they don't want a 'safe' choice, but my suspicion is that without both Malcolm and Brian, AC/DC management are fearful that the fans will stop coming, so they wanted somebody certain to at least arouse widespread public talk and curiosity. Good luck wrangling Axl's notorious ego, guys!

Just doesn't do it for me or the Missus or kids for that matter they just can't see it working. Never know but I doubt it. Another sad day in music history . I'm with Heatho Axle does have the most annoying whiny voice but seemed to suit the gunners sound but ACADACA I just can't do it

AC/DC & Gunners are both great bands, Guns N Roses have been my all time favorite ever since the started in the late 80's, but yeah Axle isn't suited to the AC/DC sound. They might be better with Peter Garrett,haha,

IMO good way to wreck one of the best bands in the world ACDC should have just hung it up they would have more money then they could possibly spend
Also didn't GNR just finish a tour regrouping with slash

Latest posts