A Shoutout from South Oz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A long term reader, first time writer. Hi all, coming to you from sunny South Australia, relatively new to the game with the past couple of years learning the basics in panning and now moving into detecting. Found small patches of colour in numerous streams throughout the Adelaide Hills though access is definitely challenging, but with many kind hearted folk I've been able to find some nice spots for an afternoon splash. Now with an SDC on the arm I'm ready to hit the goldfields and revisit some streams to see what's been left behind. I'm keeping a positive outlook though I have heard the nuggets are few and far between down here so a little trip over to the GT maybe on the cards very shortly. Thanks for all the info here, really appreciate the time spent by all contributors in posting their knowledge and experience. Best wishes to all and may the gold run sweet. :)

Good on you JD..it certainly beats playing golf..have fun..The 2300 is a magic machine..might jump the fence and visit the big V this weekend myself..Cheers

Latest posts