A sad reality for some. Dig gold, or die trying.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently came across this video that tells a sad tail of survival in Zimbabwe. The video's from 2009 and while I don't think the situation is quite as bad now due to the adoption of international currency, it does show just how easily things can go down the crapper, and those who hold gold are king.

Food for thought.

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/7ubJp6rmUYM[/video]

Nugget.

That puts my work day into perspective! As much as I often wish I could be out prospecting instead, I'm very grateful my family aren't relying on it to survive.

These are the type of people we should be taking in as refugees, not the economic refugees that are taking advantage of our welfare systems.
What a lucky country we live in!

The environmental damage they are causing to their environment is unbelievable. In other parts of Africa they have foreign miners illegally mining farm land and destroying their livelihood as well as poisoning their water while their useless government profits from it. We are very lucky to live in Australia.

Its very sad how so many people in our world must struggle to survive. We all know this but still do so little to help. Makes you appreciate our great country, life goes on....Cheers Debra

Zimbabwe land is so productive it could feed all of Africa. It did just that up until the 1950s.

Latest posts