A question for the Techxperts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes B5MECH I remember seeing them advertised many years back. If I wanted to do it I have a new Hummer 120A Bosch alternator on the shelf. It's 20 years old and looks like it too but it's never been fitted. I kept it aside when I sold all my stock but the under-bonnet of the Isuzu is already too congested for easy servicing. I've considered running a hydraulic motor off the power steering system for a PTO. It could be used for that sort of thing or a stone cutting wheel. There are many occasions when we find a rock and I'd really like to know what's on the inside or what it would look like cut and polished.

The problem we have is that we run too heavy by the time we turn for home. I just can't legally carry anymore and we've continually had problems with tyres failing through excess heat. I'd tow a trailer but 140hp on a 6000kg GVM just won't do it.

Maybe it's time to put the beast on a diet :lol: Was it last time that you ran out of room to keep hunting :rolleyes: :p
Sure I read it somewhere :lol: :lol: there has to be some of your gear you can make lighter and try and push the bulk heavy weight low to keep the center of gravity down, 20kgs here and there could be the best thing to improve on if your pushing the limit and even help the handling
It's easy to fix problems anywhere but snapping an arm or a ball joint or a bolt can be the mother of end all relaxation therapy's even with a welder :lol:
Maybe see if any gear can be lightened, shortened, cut in half :eek:
Every 1kg of weight you can drop :eek: another 1kg of gold won't blow the Tyre's out on the way home :lol: :lol:

Yes we're going to diet starting soon :/

I think we generally start off ok but we tend to find a few too many treasures along the way. We have bottles and rocks stashed at various locations across the country. We can only carry just over a tonne of collectibles after we've taken on fuel and water. When you're away for 6 months visiting all those interesting places, well it just builds up a few kg's at a time.

The obvious solution is to head home more often but this bloody country is so big that that is just too difficult. Even from the north of WA can be over 2000km and that distance can take us weeks with all the gold, gemstones, ghost towns and the like that we have to get past. I've considered doing like my son does and just fly back. In fact we've done it a couple of times but then when we get back to the bus the problem is still stuffed under the beds, under the table or in the boot. That's when we have to unload something. Now there are little piles all over the place :rolleyes:

cant remember what you said moneybox . lol im drunk this time of night cooking for the wife im in wa im fifo .slow cooker is on

Latest posts