A plug extension for a Garrett.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tassie Daz

Darryl Rowley
Reaction score
Hi all. Im just putting this out there to see what you all think. Ive got 2 Garrett coils that have broken pins.

Heres my plan.
Is it possible to use the plug off my 4" coil and attach, say a Minelab 4 pin, both a plug and socket to make an adapter? I could then attach a plug end to the 4" and the 2 other coils I have so as to use them.

Im sure there are the electronic savy prospectors on here who will know. TIA.

Hope ya all had a great Christmas and New Year. Ill be over soon so leave a little bit of the yella stuff for me, please? :)

What I have learnt from this exercise is that both headphones and coils on Garrett detectors are throwaways. If you break pins on any plugs, if you break wires in the headphones, none are repairable. I thought Garrett Aust was good to just give me new headphones a few years ago, but turns out noone knows or wants to know how to fix them.

Its easier just to bin em and get a new one. Thats annoying really because theres nothing wrong with the coil just the plug.

That might be something to consider for any new detector purchaser.

What I have learnt from this exercise is that both headphones and coils on Garrett detectors are throwaways. If you break pins on any plugs, if you break wires in the headphones, none are repairable. I thought Garrett Aust was good to just give me new headphones a few years ago, but turns out noone knows or wants to know how to fix them.

Its easier just to bin em and get a new one. Thats annoying really because theres nothing wrong with the coil just the plug.

That might be something to consider for any new detector purchaser. Its probably not so important for an AT Pro or Gold, but the ATX coils are $900 to replace because noone else does alternatives.

Can you make up a short extension lead it may work from memory back in the VLF days we used a lead when we wanted to hip mount the detector regards john :Y:

Latest posts