A little bit from shaking out the dry carpet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Following the last Tuena trip, I finally got around to shaking out the dust from the now dry carpet from the highbanker, and panning it off.

Got this little bit. Might try some miners moss in place of the carpet, and see how that goes.

1443929925_tuena_carpet_gold_.jpg

DrDuck said:
Following the last Tuena trip, I finally got around to shaking out the dust from the now dry carpet from the highbanker, and panning it off.

Got this little bit. Might try some miners moss in place of the carpet, and see how that goes.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/158/1443929925_tuena_carpet_gold_.jpg

Just as a footnote if you do decide to replace the carpet with the miners moss dont throw the carpet out.
Ive heard of people burning it and panning it out to retrieve the fine gold held in the fibers

Mate thats not a bad result for dry bashing i burnt all my carpets after they sat in the shed for 12 months long after i went moss. Sythetic too.
I left them in a fire we ran for about 5 hours. Next morning i panned the ashes could not believe the fine gold id buit up.
Burn em i say :)

Latest posts