A BIG HELLO to ALL!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LD.

Laurence
Reaction score
G'day to everyone!!!
Joined up a few days ago after many hours of addictive reading on this forum. Blown away by all the helpful detailed advice the experienced members offer willingly.

I can pretty much blame Wal & Liz and their very entertaining (& encouraging) you tube videos for my decision to actually get out & fossick for real, so cheers Wal & Liz for that!!!

Headed out to Sapphire Bend with a mate a couple of weeks Back, pulled up at the spot to a hissing tyre going flat which deterred us not as there was a half flat spare & a can of tyre goo to help (Was a bit stressed truth be told). Anyway, found 1 tiny blue sapphire & a nice very clear quarts crystal and I can say it wasn't much but we were floating on cloud nine all the way home (well after stopping at Oberon & filling the spare to correct pressure anyway). Took a couple of shovels of gravel home to go through later & to a huge surprise found a nice blue one around 5x5x5mm....HOOKED!!!

One week later (last week) had Monday off & totally bitten by the bug headed out alone to Sapphire bend again ( easily spook myself so it was an unusual feeling being there without a soul around) and got a few nice TINY ones washing at the dam down the road.

Here's hoping I run into some of you out there, tips & advice will be received with enthusiasm!!!

Cheers

Welcome to the forum LD. Those sapphires are just as addictive as that yellow stuff, and both are equally responsible for that bug which will inevitably bite you.

Those hissing tires can certainly put a damper on a good day out, but the great part of being a prospector in the bush, is any other prospector out there will always stop and give you a helping hand.

Hope the forum provides both information and inspiration for your hobby and hope to catch up on the stream one day.

All the very best of luck out there mate,

Cheers Wal.

G'day LD and welcome. Hunting for sapphires, gold, opal or any gemstones is addictive. Making sure your vehicle is in good nick helps. I got out into the bush one day and staked a tire, I had a spare but after I put it on I heard a hissing sound, yep it was staked too. I own a 4wd ute with the spare under the tray so I must have ran over a stick and it kicked up and got the spare, buggar. I had a compressor so I had to keep stopping every 15 minutes and pump it up but It got into town.
:) Mick

Latest posts