9.1 Kg Nugget Discovered

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gedanate

David Harvey
Reaction score
Some lucky person managed to unearth this 9.1 Kilo gold nugget near the town of Ruby in Alaska.
It weighs a whopping 294.10 troy ounces, which makes this lovely nugget the biggest one ever found in Alaska.

1453108093_9.1-kg-nugget-.jpg

Isn't it a (not so) little beauty? :lol:

Source: Facebook.
http://on.fb.me/1PAY3AG

That was found in the 1990's from memory, was a grader or bulldozer.

Too many big bears up there for me. They say the climate is much milder near the southern ocean front. GPAA has summer camp trips sluicing the beach sand deposits at Nome Alaska.

Once spent three weeks in Anchorage , we arrived the last week of May to a bleak overcast dreery place were every thing looked depressing..no leaves on the trees snow still melting in some place every thing grey with white snow in patches. Every thing looked lifeless.
A week later the leaves and flowers had blossemed every thing was green and flowering..the days were long and the nights if you could call twilight night were short. Sore a few Moose an Elk but no bears.. Amazing place spent the next two weeks playing golf and visiting the Glacia and or other tourest spots.. Amazing place in summer. But I would hate to live through the long cold and dark winters.

Nightjar said:
VERY old find, wait till you view the 2016 Easter nug here in Oz. ;) :D :p :cool:

Funny how they turn up at such times, I till like looking at them, I think we need a Vintage Nugget Section so we can Look and Dream :eek: :eek:

nucopia said:
Once spent three weeks in Anchorage , we arrived the last week of May to a bleak overcast dreery place were every thing looked depressing..no leaves on the trees snow still melting in some place every thing grey with white snow in patches. Every thing looked lifeless.
A week later the leaves and flowers had blossemed every thing was green and flowering..the days were long and the nights if you could call twilight night were short. Sore a few Moose an Elk but no bears.. Amazing place spent the next two weeks playing golf and visiting the Glacia and or other tourest spots.. Amazing place in summer. But I would hate to live through the long cold and dark winters.

Golfing on Kodiac Island might be different, those Kodiac Brown bears will come strolling across the turf right in front of you. I don't play golf but have seen it there on TV.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRuUMw8v_rI[/video]

Latest posts