6000 Threshold or No Threshold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, started with no threshold and yes you will/do find gold BUT .... more successful with threshold on, as an ex SDC user this poses no problem.

No threshold is great if taking a usually non detecting buddy out (while you revert to your od detector) ..... makes it easier for them without having to worry about the (to them) distracting chatter,

Yes I enjoyed watching that video and he's right some nuggets can't be detected without threshold. What I found interesting is that he turned sensitivity down to reduce the chatter, I never thought of that because I'm always checking to see if I can find thirteen :lol:

PeterInSa said:
Interesting vid below, probably calmer and more relaxing with No Threshold, but you could well be walking over gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lna2-ici-pQ

Never been a fan of threshold off ( Bogene's settings ), miss too many targets as shown in the vid.

I did many tests with on / off on many iffy targets, and threshold on won every time.

Rick

Can you adjust the volume of the threshold on the 6K, it seems that it's either on or off, and no control over how loud it is.

davent said:
Can you adjust the volume of the threshold on the 6K, it seems that it's either on or off, and no control over how loud it is.

It's just a volume adjustment. It changes the threshold and target volume at the same time.

Latest posts