4500 & 5000 depth test with the Elite 14" and 17" x 11" @ the Coiltek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, deciding wether to buy the 4500 or the 5000, the 4500 appears good value for the price, but with these results am I better off paying the extra for the 5000 in the long run, or using the saving in the price difference to invest in a couple of coils?

If you can afford the 5000, then I would get it. Runs a little quieter than than the 4500, fine gold is useful.

If not, then the 4500 isn't far behind.

Once i'm done sorting out my v/h paintwork, i intend to get out there with the 4K w/NF 16" Rnd. Spider (V1), NF 17x10" (V1) coils for a run.

Will post results once done...

Anyone have any 'settings' they'd like tested?

Gypsy

davent said:
If you can afford the 5000, then I would get it. Runs a little quieter than than the 4500, fine gold is useful.

If not, then the 4500 isn't far behind.

Thanks davent

Blatto, I did just that. Was able to jag a 4500 from Goldsearch that was only 8 weeks old with the 2 coils and a heap of other stff for $3100. While I was in the area I went back and got a 17x11 Coiltek coil and just recently bought a 8" sadie too. Others will probably think and say, I'm under done or disagree with the choices but hey, that's what I could afford and so that's what I have. I had a Garret ATX before that and now, I must say, I don't ever think I'll get the ATX out of its bag. Its still in the shed and will probably stay there - unless someone would like to buy it.

Tassie Daz said:
Blatto, I did just that. Was able to jag a 4500 from Goldsearch that was only 8 weeks old with the 2 coils and a heap of other stff for $3100. While I was in the area I went back and got a 17x11 Coiltek coil and just recently bought a 8" sadie too. Others will probably think and say, I'm under done or disagree with the choices but hey, that's what I could afford and so that's what I have. I had a Garret ATX before that and now, I must say, I don't ever think I'll get the ATX out of its bag. Its still in the shed and will probably stay there - unless someone would like to buy it.

Thanks For the feedback Tassie Daz, they were the 2 coils I was thinking about (17x11 & 8 )

Latest posts