1st time gold detecting with the 705

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Will be heading back up to hanging rock to use my 705 with the 10x5 for the 1st time chasing gold. I have used the standard coil for a few years now on coins etc with some good finds.
I have heard that low and slow is the key. Im partial deaf so i will struggle a little with sounds. Any hidden tips that can help?
I found enough in the creeks to keep me happy but would love to dig up a nuggie. I will be looking around burrows creek area etc. Unless you think im wasting my time there.
Thanks mick

I have a decent set of earphones. Is there any tips with the detector. Like going between prospecting and hunting modes

Ahh righto no dramas.
I'm not too sure with the gold part.
I'm in the same boat new at detectors and have a 705 also.
I've just followed and watched most of the YouTube vids in my setup
Prospecting mode
Ground balance auto
Auto noise correct channel select does itself
Auto tracking
Then turn auto tracking off when scanning a target as it apparently will ground balance out the target of you keep sweeping over it with auto track on.
Other than than I'm. Not sure

Cheers cam

Will just have to be trial and error i have a few nugs that i will take and give a test in different mineralization up there

Sounds like a plan.
Interested in hearing how you go.
I've tried once for gold but no good.
Not sure wether I need to dig deeper for my targets.
I think it will come down to a trust thing between the detector and me lol
HAve cut open a shotty shell to have a test targets, but I forgot to grab some yellow tape from work tonight.
I'm pretty keen to try the waterproof coil in some creeks and crevices and see what we can find.
Cheers cam

Latest posts