1st Day At Gympie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try get down there tomorrow then for sure! Might need too run into town and get myself a pan upgrade.. Hopefully it's a bit cooler than it was today.. Pheww! :cool:

Cheers
Cody

Good on ya you blokes, let me know how you go.....And Cody and Yob, please be careful of the, "Jo Blakes'......long grass there now.

Take care....and have a good time.....

Cheers

Len

Hahaha good on ya, yeah that would be great. Getting all my gear ready for next trip, Steve reckons he might be ready to go next Fri. 18th Dec, so I'll let you can Cody know.

I had a most enjoyable day with Yobskin and my old man out at Deep creek several months ago. I can personally vouch for the gold...even nice pickers shining back at you from the top of the Rockin Yobskin and my old boy can certainly vouch for the wiggle sticks lounging around in the long grass. Next time im up that way again I will look forward to doing it all again.

Cheers

Was a good day.....slight drizzle and lots of laughs. Hahahaha wiggle sticks....lmfao.
I cant wait for next time MJB....bring ya gummies

Good on ya guys, did Cody or anyone else make it?

Yobs, Steve just PM'd me and looks like we'll be up again next Fri, the 18th. Will let you know what time ETA as time get's closer, and I'll let the other blokes know as well.

Cheers

Len

Ok pans are packed getting kids ready for school...back is a bit stiff from the change of weather...im bringing my old metal pan cause i miss the sound of those half grammers bouncing around...hahahaha see ya down there be sharp time waits for no man. ;)

Well i must admit it was good to see some people still have time managment... Benda and smithy42 were waiting at the gate for me well done lads.
I started off showing them my finds then i little walk with a history talk...we went to the hole for a quick lesson on what to look for with wash layers and how water deposits heavies.
They were listening intentively.... so we grabbed 2buckets after getting a good sweat up on headed to the creek to pan out some colour. I found 6 little pces in a pan and gave them to smithy42 to start his collection....Benda was turbo panning with fury man on a mission...we went hunting for new ground bit of a hike bloody hot with no success . Even too hot for the snakes...hahaha showed them me old spots that have been refilled by floods...then called it a day .....im pretty sure i got a tad hot today cant stop drinking water....next time beers and rocker box and a swim...37c good day out lots of laughs top lads keen to do it again. Im not sure smithy42 kept his gold was a rough walk....

Big thanks for the help and history mate, learnt some good stuff and had a great day with you and benda for my first meet up loved it! :D I could stand the bush walk but wasn't liking that heat towards the end, but at least the snakes kept away :p Think I might of lost my specs too after juggling my 50+ steel pan :/ Oh well I'll be back at it again, still getting my practice so yet too be perfect! :p

Cheers
Cody

That's great guys, good to hear you had a good time, thanks Yobs for helping Cody out and Benda, so good. When I come up I would love to hear about the wash and gravel stuff too.

Cody when I come up, if you haven't got a pan by then you can use my Garrett Gravity trap, and I'll use the super sluice, I think I told you I have a snuffer bottle for you and a little crevice scraper, that should get you going for a while, was in an Army disposals the other day and they had black plastic pans, they looked alright, can't remember how much they were.

You have a gold place in Gympie don't u, how much are their pans?

Cheers

Len

The black pans are $14....i lent him my super sluice that Aushunter gave me on our first outing together thanx brad your a legend.
Len i will give ya the same info mate.... im planning on taking Samantha down for them so they can have some fun....she is my sluice. I think this could be a Hot Dog moment if we get the numbers... :D

Ok thanks Yobs, that's great. How did he go with the Super Sluice?

Can't wait to learn more from you, and yeah would love to have a go at the sluice, been dying for years to use a sluice.

I will bring my crevice sucker too, and people can have a go at that, used it in a hole up at Gympie and it worked well.

Sounds like we're all set for a .......WOW .....of a time.

Bring on the COLOR!! :lol:

Len

Oh, I'll bring my little mini Turbo pan too, and people can have a muck around with that too if they want.

Len

I'll bring the right gear next time! Pans don't do so well picking through hard ground, shoveling and holding a lot of dirt :8 I'm still young grasshopper so I've got learning to do haha :D pick Axe, shovel and bucket will be coming with me next time! Seeing color again is enough to keep me hooked , so I'll be back out again in no time!

Cheers

Cody

I gave him tips but he was working it out fine...
Just needs practise he bought a little blue plastic pan which will be good for cons at a later date....when they shovel into Samantha they will be hooked foresure....i use a modified yabby pump...i reckon we try a big gold trap in the middle of the creek.
Atomrat i told him you learn how to keep it by losing alot first...hahahaha

You'll get there mate, I will have my shovel and pick if you haven't got one, and you can use my new crevicing gear too, wait till you see the little wrecking bar, used it on Tue out to Gold Creek, it's a little pearler.

Yeah the color gets ya, never know might find your colors you lost, were they in a jar or something? I'll bring you some little plastic vials you can keep your gold in too.

Len

Latest posts