1993 Bushman camper trailer refit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly im not drilling holes from tool box to the camper and laying out cable until i have the parts Im waiting on and I know what im doing as well ..im hoping the sparky mate will have a few hours spare to come look at things this weekend.
Rain here has got me sitting down doing F all today, have the stone netting layed out under the patio with the bungee cords removed ..
Going to have a long think about what to do next to make the thing work... 8)

Here is what Im thinking. Prototype No 2.
This is the camper end of the netting ..i need to have this fixed in place using the snalp hooks. And only run bungee cord on the two outer edge of the net from front to back.
1530078578_c9b3c0f5-988c-425e-8b8e-c02f0375e8c6.jpg

On the cross bar end of the netting, I am thinking to use two bungee cords fixed to cross bar and fixed to the netting at the half way point of the netting with a small section of aluminium rod cross wise on the net as point to attach the bungee cord.
The two inner most snap hooks will be fixed to the cross bar and Act as the two center pivot points nearest the tow ball for the netting to pivot on. If that makes sense :/

1530079216_e8ee105e-40b6-411c-8f05-8416aafe61d6.jpg

1530080862_fd0479c1-36d3-4b96-a1a4-944455ef6cc8.jpg

If this doesnt work, then its on to Prototype No 3 :rolleyes:

nucopia said:
Goldchaser1 said:
nucopia where did you get them plastic clips or fittings on the side of the shade cloth?
Bought them at Bunnings, they are called butterfly clips and they are used to clip the shade cloth to wire fencing.
$10 for a pack of twenty.

Thanks mate ill check them out.....

Jaros said:
Gettin' there. I bet you have itchy fingers.
Not kidding Jaros...
Its what motivates me.

Made up this flapp for the cross bar , still have to work out the kinks ..
Made this with a wire rod on two hinges so it can swing up when driving.
Also need to put a right angle piece on the muffler pipe to vent the exhust fumes away from the flap.
1530502199_76c88450-e305-4157-9ef5-7527e4c59690.jpg

Occasional_panner said:
LoneWolf said:
I have used these for 2yrs now and had no issues with dirt or water... Tip: Anderson plug colours are not interchangeable... Other words Grey plug will only fit grey plug.... Black will only fit black ect... Found that one out... :rolleyes:
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...cover.TRS0&_nkw=anderson+plug+covers&_sacat=0

LW...
Didn't know that.

I was going to buy different colours for different things till the first lot arrived and I discovered it... Reading further into it I found out they are not compatible...

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Occasional_panner said:
LoneWolf said:
I have used these for 2yrs now and had no issues with dirt or water... Tip: Anderson plug colours are not interchangeable... Other words Grey plug will only fit grey plug.... Black will only fit black ect... Found that one out... :rolleyes:
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...cover.TRS0&_nkw=anderson+plug+covers&_sacat=0

LW...
Didn't know that.

I was going to buy different colours for different things till the first lot arrived and I discovered it... Reading further into it I found out they are not compatible...

LW....
Turds!!!, I have a red one on my desk, bloody useless unless I get another red one hey?

Yes.... Sorry.... but if you take it in to somewhere that sells them you might be lucky and find another red one... Or Ebay... Real cheap too...

LW....

Thankfully or fortuitously, over the last year and a half when ever I bought electrical gear from flea-bay for the camper refit, some of those purchases came with grey 50amp Anderson plugs included.
I have used 2 to make an extention lead to conect the solar panels leaving me 5 pieces to find a purpose for.

Today the plan is to mount one cover and plug to the rear of the tool box to connect to the solar controler charger in the tool box and to receive the Solar panel extension lead into the system.

Im thinking another 2 will be used one day to conect the Prado to the camper, so I can charge the camper battery whilst driving.
Which is some thing else i have to learn about.
The other 2 look like being kept for spares until I can use them to connect something else..no idea what that might be ..

In another couple of months it will be 2 years since I started this project and there have been lot of long breaks of no work between then and now and mostly because I never really knew what the hell I was doing.. still dont if Im being honest. Its been an interesting experience so far.

Redfin: They are Anderson Copies, Fraudulent copies with Anderson logos.... Just like the fake Minelab Detectors...
Im talking about Anderson TYPE plugs... None of mine have 'Anderson' written on them... And where I bought them from, They do not imply that they are Anderson Plugs..
Anderson Type Plugs, Yes... Big Difference... Who can afford to spend $20 on 1 plug. You might, but Me No.. When Ebay has 10 for $20... besides where do you think the real Anderson Plugs are made?.. Not in Australia... Nothing is made here anymore... Most things I buy these days is from Ebay, as being on a very limited income that is the way I need to live... Everything is at least 30-60% cheaper than store bought items... Just spent $1000 on car parts and that would have cost me $2235 if I bought from a store... Exactly same brands/Warranty But 60% cheaper.... Cant beat that...

LW....

Latest posts