17x13 Evo or Advantage

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im looking at getting a 17x13 coil for deep searching but it is very hot ground where i usually detect.. wondering if the evo is still better than the advantage seeing as i will have to drop rx gain right down or should i go the advantage and run at a higher gain. Has anyone done comparisons for depth in very hot ground ?. Cheers guys

No experience yet but I just bought a 17 x 13 evo and heading to WA next week for a bit of detecting so for me at least I hope the Evo is better

GT :)

shakergt said:
Gold truck what area of WA you heading to ?

Im leaving on the weekend and heading over to work at the 4WD show and then I am going to have a week in Kalgoorlie/Laverton for a week doing nothing but looking for a nugget. Any suggestions he he !!!

goldtruck59 said:
shakergt said:
Gold truck what area of WA you heading to ?

Im leaving on the weekend and heading over to work at the 4WD show and then I am going to have a week in Kalgoorlie/Laverton for a week doing nothing but looking for a nugget. Any suggestions he he !!!

yeah mate, bring ice , &/or ice cold beer, lots of it :fire: :fire: :beer: :beer: :playful:

I have the 17 x 13 EVo coiL and had no problems using it in WA on the 4500 and rescued many nuggets with it.

Just adapt the settings to suit the area that you are in. I spent most of my time around Leonora

Eluvial said:
Mate if your after a deep searching coil I would stick to a round coil... Just my 2c... ;)
Yeah mate been using a 16" round advantage but it's just about due to be replaced and was thinking elliptical :Y:

I have been using the Evo for a while the bigger the coil the more interference you get in really hot ground, so it will be chattery but the targets still come through, I have found that if you swing over a falsie or hot rock if you then turn 180 degrees and the signals changes dramatically I don't dig them

Latest posts