16 days Jaros

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Second post in 16 days , a vast improvement on 27 months for the first . Thanks for your welcome to the forum Jaros and also to Bigwave , Chewy and Silver , much appreciated guys . I'm thinking of travelling to Tibooburra for my 70th in August just to be different . ( that should eliminate a few rellies ) My only trip was early 80s with a beat up camper van and a Deep seeker . Loved the placed had a great time , Murphy came with me and my brand new Garrett lasted 4 hours . Must admit phoned Ken Roberts from Finders and he flew me up a new one (great service ) . Had one day to detect and only jagged a 1 grammar from Milparinka . Not intending taking Murphy this time but would appreciate any tips for the trip ( not areas I never ask that question ) I did mention in my first post I would reveal my tools of trade . SDC 2300 , CTX3030 , Keene's 151 Dry Washer (never used) , Keene's Gold Wheel concentrator , Martin Marks sluice ( used once ) , picks , gold pans and Leshe shovels ( full length and 18inches ) The heart failure in the Hotel has slowed me so I will most probably stick to detecting . One last question to you . Saving for a 7000 , should I stay patient or buy a 5000 . Cheers and thanks if you read this post . Goldrat

Hey GR. Wishing you a great time at Tibooburra. I loved it there with my 4500. I only found four specs probably totalling 0.7g for a 6 day trip from Melbourne, but absolutely loved it. Looked in at Mt Brown at Milparinka but was chased out of there by new owners. My kids would put me to bed after a few rums, and go back across the road to the pub. Tis the way it all should be.

Hey Wishfull , I was nearly too embarrassed to mention the gold after reading Jim & Cheryl's article in Gem and Treasure finding 1108 nuggets in 7 weeks . With my record in Tibooburra that would take me just over 3 years . Cheers goldrat .

Good luck with your trip - a birthday nugget would be great.

Do you plan to sell your non detecting gear??

cheers david

Thanks David , Would be nice to take a few nuggets out of NSW . ( nothing like states sharing small trophies ) Yes I will eventually sell non detecting gear ) Cheers goldrat .
davidwrunner2 said:
Good luck with your trip - a birthday nugget would be great.

Do you plan to sell your non detecting gear??

cheers david

Latest posts