1%ers for the GPX 5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all.

I thought I would share some actions and ideas I either use or have heard to squeeze that extra depth out of the GPX 5000.

- When auto tuning always have the stabilizer open to 20. This allows the machine to hear everything and choses the best channel. Once the channel has been selected turn your machines stabilizer back to your preferred setting.

- Never ground balance when an airplane/truck is causing interference.

- When ground balancing start on auto, ground balance until smooth. Then press the green auto balance button and quickly (within 1 sec) flick the switch to fixed. This negative balances the machine and gives it a bit of extra depth.

- with large targets use the cancel timing to pin point the target.

If anyone else wants to contribute any ideas to help please feel free to add.

Good on you Brumblegum,

Pooling knowledge like this will make every one of us a sharper worker in the fields. Hope many experienced members will contribute to this thread, and I for one would like the Moderator to consider adding it to the savers at the top. :)

Cheers,

Brumble-gum that is so good of you to share this info . Thank you very much .. Agree with ezpacer also . Come on pro's add your tips.
What a great topic. :)

Brumble-Gum said:
Hi all.

I thought I would share some actions and ideas I either use or have heard to squeeze that extra depth out of the GPX 5000.

- When auto tuning always have the stabilizer open to 20. This allows the machine to hear everything and choses the best channel. Once the channel has been selected turn your machines stabilizer back to your preferred setting.

- Never ground balance when an airplane/truck is causing interference.

- When ground balancing start on auto, ground balance until smooth. Then press the green auto balance button and quickly (within 1 sec) flick the switch to fixed. This negative balances the machine and gives it a bit of extra depth.

- with large targets use the cancel timing to pin point the target.

If anyone else wants to contribute any ideas to help please feel free to add.

Cheers Brumble Gum

The memory bank does not accept deposits like it once did , so I have written this info down and look forward to using in due course. This is the type of stuff that really helps out and hope others also pass on their knowledge.

Latest posts