$1 coin worth thousands

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Heatho the legend found one detecting, unfortunately clipped by mower.
I work customer service and get 20x $1 coin a day, I spend a few moments checking each and every day but no luck.
It's rare to even see a 2000 coin.
Reeko

A mate of mine has industrial washing and dryer machines....would you go through thousands in dollar coins each week searching for a mule??? The thought entertained me and i did sort through one bag only - but it wasnt the same as checking the coins you pull directly out of the ground!

Oohhhh :eek:

My $3 mule must be worth a packet then ;)

1489395911_image.jpg

One time while using a vending machine i had a 20 cent coin get rejected, stuck it in machine again and it kept getting rejected?
It was much thinner than usual, must have been a defect from the Mint, i had no idea they were worth way more than face value.

Should have kept it. ;)

Amazing what an article in a news paper can do I hate hysteria and sensationalism, bloody media stuff it up for everyone all the time, mongrels liken them to snakes not worthy of much. Sounds like I don't l Iike snakes but I do :lol: better than some humans especially the media type. Hysteria and sensationalism are the objective of their existence imho. With out it their unemployed hopefully. Doubt it though they've been around to long doesn't mean I have to like them though. Rant complete for now :Y:

I've started drawing bill money in $1 coins at the bank, check em first, then pay the bills(only when I've got time to check though). ;)

Heatho said:
SC75 said:
Heatho would of been spewing and yes same with me Jaros :)

Hey SC, yeah mate was spewin about it, great coin and of course it was the only I found that day that was damaged. :( Still glad to have found one detecting though. :D

There's a pic of it in this post link.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=178921#p178921
Yeah Heatho i knew one of the boys that posts on Member Finds or Coin and Relic might of found one.
The amount of coins you boys find is nutz, someone from PA was bound to find one. You did good mate finding one of those rare $1 coins :Y:

SC75 said:
Heatho said:
SC75 said:
Heatho would of been spewing and yes same with me Jaros :)

Hey SC, yeah mate was spewin about it, great coin and of course it was the only I found that day that was damaged. :( Still glad to have found one detecting though. :D

There's a pic of it in this post link.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=178921#p178921
Yeah Heatho i knew one of the boys that posts on Member Finds or Coin and Relic might of found one.
The amount of coins you boys find is nutz, someone from PA was bound to find one. You did good mate finding one of those rare $1 coins :Y:
I think there's more chance to find one in the ground now :rolleyes: when the mint worked out what they did they recalled all of the coins that weren't already put into circulation, when the collectors heard they all went to clubs to play the poker machines to try and find the ones they were circulated :lol: :lol: nice revenue raiser :lol: :lol: :lol: The chance of a circulated one is slim to none but the chance one got lost in the ground is possible :eek: Heatho proved it's possible, so dig all those little golden circles :lol: :lol: :lol: hopefully it's not flogged by the mower man :mad:

Even the 2014 $1 MOR coin is worth quite a bit already with the lowest mintage of any $1 from 1984 onwards. MS63 and above can fetch $40 plus not bad for a 3 year old coin.

Latest posts