⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GallicProspector said:
Nice smokey Barney.
Did you dug it up yourself in Oberon or do you know a guy with stock?
What are you after buddy ?, a spot or some rough ? Can help but most what you find or buy has bubbles/ inc. that one does too but dosnt show much.

1448707664_image.jpg
now this is a smokey GP :) biggest stone I've dopped yet , and in quartz , I think I like punishing myself :)

Gday kingsolomon. I see your not pre-forming? We don't have to?

Can't wait to see how it turns out. If you wernt doing a brilliant cut, what other options of cuts would you choose for smokey as its the rock I have a neverending supply of for faceting practice.

Nice Barney! I look forward to see it finished.
The only place I knew for smoky in Oberon was the quarry, but it is supposed to be closed... even how there are no gates ( :rolleyes: ), but if you know another location, I am all ears.

I have a lot of smokey and jellybean citrine I've recently "found" (old members at the lapidary clubs have stashed all their life...), but I've slowed down on cutting, I have been waiting my Hall Xtra for 4 months now and the wait is killing me!

AtomRat said:
Gday kingsolomon. I see your not pre-forming? We don't have to?

Can't wait to see how it turns out. If you wernt doing a brilliant cut, what other options of cuts would you choose for smokey as its the rock I have a neverending supply of for faceting practice.
Performing is done to a certain degree , ( just by hand , getting rid of big problems , wwish i had a preformer , yet can caise a lot of wastefor speed)but as you see , minamal loss as when cut . I preform by hand . I still have some viel / inclusion there . Couldn't cut anymore away( for stones sake) , started at 194 ct , roughed to 80 ct . Preform If can , makes easier . I do things different , move stones on dop a lot.

1449228825_image.jpg

My first attempt at faceting! Learnt a lot and it took me a bloody long time but got there in the end?.. There is a massive crack right through the table but I am happy with having made something even close to an acceptable shape! Can only get better from here :)

thanks guys! Using a gemmasta machine, one of the belts just broke so number two is on hold at the moment. Takes a lot of time and patience but learning a lot with each stone and that's the main thing :)

Latest posts