⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that Amethyst is outstanding Barney the table looks like a Purple pool ready to just dive into. Pics are getting heaps better also, bloody difficult taking pics of faceted stones. Both stones look awesome.

:) iPhone buddy:)sometimes I jag a good one , some I can't get good pic .waiting fo macro lens to get photos of others , that was the piece of rough u saw a few days ago...

Kingsolomon said:
:) iPhone buddy:)sometimes I jag a good one , some I can't get good pic .waiting fo macro lens to get photos of others , that was the piece of rough u saw a few days ago...

That bit of rough was such a rich colour, one of the nicest pieces of Amethyst I'd seen, glad it kept the same hue and depth of colour after cutting, very very nice piece mate.

Very nice stones Barney, especially love that amethyst :) . I've got a couple of amethyst points here that I want to be my first stones when I get my machine in a couple of months.

Got a bag of little Agate creek nodules for $5 the other day, a couple of them here. I really like agate, some of it just makes the mind boggle to wonder how it could form in nature. Shame the red bit had a crack emerge in it.

16791834717_f3bb7b51e0_c.jpg

16997622661_e893a38872_c.jpg

16997122022_f6dba58329_c.jpg

Nice work on the cabs,
Barney I dig that purple ,that is my birthstone ,and I never did like amethyst much but that one .nice

Nice starter buddy. You might as well keep it as is for future reference, to remember where you started and keep track of your progress :) What machine did you cut it with? I suppose that's citrine, right?

Sodabowski said:
Nice starter buddy. You might as well keep it as is for future reference, to remember where you started and keep track of your progress :) What machine did you cut it with? I suppose that's citrine, right?

Looks good - perhaps it's labradorite? Maybe some pieces do come a slightly darker shade?

Thanks guys. The bloke that was teaching me gave me the stone to cut. He said it was an O'breins creek smoky but by the time we stripped all the dark layers away it started to look more citrine. The machine was a very, very old graves. Great old machine and very easy to use. My biggest fault was I forgot to write the angles down so when it came time to polish it was a pain to find them again. I also skipped a tooth on a few of the crown facets so she is out quite a bit. As they say, "measure twice cut once."

Despite that it was one of the most enjoyable things I have done in a long time and can't wait to have another go at it.

Latest posts