⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richo966 said:
your on fire spud well done I was at gg today and an echidna came into my hole and stayed with me for about 2 hours he was my best find :lol:

awesome

did you say hello and help him dig ?

bewdiful when elements of nature can sit down and trust a human bean like that

its happened a few times for me when i sit in the bush and meditate under the sun , i get lizards and birds that will come up close for a look , maybe they feel the peace ;)

1407539295_image.jpg

Something new to look at ;)

have you had any of them cut mate and yes I did say hello I talked to him a lot cute little faces :)

nice work Varts, looks like you must have spent a fair bit of time picking those out!

Decided to separate some of my coloured stones. I think theres a mix of zircons and something else in there lol any ideas? I love the kinnda frosty white one on the top as well as the tiny clear one near my pen tip but unsure what they are? as far as i can tell they are not quartz

1407909773_zircon.jpg

Hey Spud, frosty one is probably Topaz, really clear one probably a Zircon as they can be really clear sometimes or really clear Topaz. Diamonds are found at GG also but..... extremely rare though.

A few interesting specimen shots of some tiny gems still in the basalt( felsic i think) host, collected from barrington. We are exploring the alluvial and hard rock up there looking for new spots away from the common areas to dig in ernest come spring/summer.
These all collected from the magmatic suit , not the metamorphic suit ( Barrington has both a magmatic gem suit and metamorphic gem suit)
Rod

1408326881_basalt_bering_gems4resize.jpg

1408326902_basalt_bering_gems17resize.jpg

1408326922_basalt_bering_gems32resize.jpg

1408326943_basalt_bering_gems39resize.jpg

1408326962_basalt_bering_gems2resize.jpg

Latest posts