⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho ,nah not real big but good to find what I searched for yeah.

As far as value of these gems ,priceless :D

well done spud keep it up is your partner liking it better now that your finding some decent stones :)

that's awesome Varts, super Jealous!!!
yes and no Richo, i think he liking it coz its getting us out of the house - hes over sieving though and wants to buy a Wal banker hence why he wants me to sell some stones LOL

yes makes it easy but you still need to do some sieving but not as much just need to check every 30 mins to make sure none have made it passed it dose happen :)

Spud said:
thanks everyone :)
Kingsolomom, i have NO idea, i don't have scales and i'm not experienced enough to see the flaws yet. i'm going to take it to the local lapidary club or where Colin suggested and see if i can get any help there :)

this is the rest of the bunch, you can see why that one stood out but the others have some lovely colour to them
:)https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3196/1406072853_hand.jpg

Spud, WOW thats some great stones you go there.
May I ask how far up the river you went..??
In amongst the rock patch or further up towards the bend..?

Dan

NO idea daniel, we walked a fair way... got to a point that you couldn't see over the other side so had to venture onto the land and then around a little bit if that helps? ill see if i have any pics

Ruby specimen
1406985615_image.jpg

1406985754_image.jpg

Got it as a gift years ago..I don't remember where it's from..the tiny piece of paper with its origin has been lost a long time ago.. but it is ruby..

Hey Spud,

that's a rippa sapphire should cut one hell of a nice stone- Look forward to seeing the post showing it cut. :)

your on fire spud well done I was at gg today and an echidna came into my hole and stayed with me for about 2 hours he was my best find :lol:

richo966 said:
your on fire spud well done I was at gg today and an echidna came into my hole and stayed with me for about 2 hours he was my best find :lol:
Better take some grubs an start training the little fella up to do all your digging, nice.

Richo super jealous that would have made my day!! Was it freezing cold?
No chance in hell of me cutting it guys, I do NOT have the patience for that LOL

the little fella scared the shit out of me I heard this grunting noise could not see any thing then looked down and he was looking at me with his long nose cute little guy would hate to sit on him :lol:

Latest posts