⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some nice ones there kck, a few cutters for sure. I'd say a stone for cabbing would be something that still has eye appeal but is not worthy of faceting.

Thanks Heatho mate, good to know :) i also found this at wellingrove a while back, its the only stone i have found from there which shines light like this, its also completely smooth unlike most sapphire and zircon from wellingrove. its a bit small to scratch anything with, only .3 ct... any ideas?
1400108908_img_0459.jpg

1400108956_img_0460.jpg

Nice stones Charlie and kckaus..
If your referring to heaths photo about uv light... Those photos are just the torch on/ off in each , he does have and use a uv though ... Answer your question?....

Sorry for the late reply Charlie, Kingsolomon is right, first pic is light from my phone above the stones sitting on the torch and 2nd is with the torch on underneath, stones are wet, no UV.

Nice effort on the stones mate, well done. I'm keen for a dig at GG, no snakes this time of year, bloody things are everywhere sometimes.

just got back from gg the place has been hit hard only found 3 little ones still had a good day still nice weather for now :)

These stones are from the half cut out 8 crt at the top of screen down to i'm not sure, some from gg, some from wc

I would like to know what the top silvery/gold one is that reflects the light, i have tested it and it reads stronger than all the sapphires zircons, but it's shape is different

charlie123 said:
I would like to know what the top silvery/gold one is that reflects the light, i have tested it and it reads stronger than all the sapphires zircons, but it's shape is different

Pretty sure it's spinel Charlie, do a google images search for Black Spinel, a lot is shiny and metallic looking.

Nah, not yet
No need mate ,the middle one and the right one are something special :)
I have nothing that glitter like these two beauty's

Latest posts