⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Joe,
Gem bug is under statement mate :D It's very addictive hobby.AAAhhhhh

What type of mob phone you have richo966?, for taking pics.

using camera Fujifilm fine pix 5 might get wife to use her smart phone i am not smart i cant use one lol :)

That's OK richo966, :)

fixed camera is hard to down size the pictures pixel.

smart phone in the other hand is very easy to adjust from 8m to under 1mega pixel, ask the wife where is the button for taking picture and then press menu for resolution size pick the smallest one 1m or under that is the requirement size for upload in the PA forum.

I am not smart either, that's why they call the phone smart phone it will do the thinking for you :D
hope this helps.

Cheers,
"B"

thanks mate I hate the things I cant get the swipe right my dad has one and he calls the radio the wirless :)

Gold689 said:
Many thanks Everyone :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/421/1385630167_imag1910.jpg

It's actually two stones :p just the same carats.

Just wanna see if someone will notice ;)
Hi B,
Very nice finds, I was up there on Sunday at the private property, and heard you'd found a nice sapphire from Owen's wife. Unfortuanately I still haven't found anything like those. I've tried all the likely spots but I've only found small sapphires. I've walked all the way up to wattle creek with very little success. I'm still not sure I'm actually digging in the right spots. Should I be digging in the creek behind large rocks etc or should I be looking for old river wash on the sides of the banks on corners? Has anyone got any pictures of the sort of wash I should be looking for. Any help will be appreciated.
regards
Geoff.

hi mate I found decent size stone 4.8 carat blue bomb at the main area just look for black jack and dig luck has a lot to do with it not sure on wash layer be nice to see photo of that side :)

Hi B,
Very nice finds, I was up there on Sunday at the private property, and heard you'd found a nice sapphire from Owen's wife. Unfortuanately I still haven't found anything like those. I've tried all the likely spots but I've only found small sapphires. I've walked all the way up to wattle creek with very little success. I'm still not sure I'm actually digging in the right spots. Should I be digging in the creek behind large rocks etc or should I be looking for old river wash on the sides of the banks on corners? Has anyone got any pictures of the sort of wash I should be looking for. Any help will be appreciated.
regards
Geoff.

G'day Paperboy, :)

walked all the way up to wattle creek?!! you don't need to walk that far, you have the right idea on digging behind the rocks. It doesn't have to be large, the key is to Spec the ground for a trail of spinel and once you've found the area where they all gathered dig away!!

But before you do that YOU have to watch this video over and over again to understand how to & where to find those elusive gems. Really you have to open your ears for the hint or hidden information :D it's there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERB0HOCbYXQ

Personally I've watch all of their video a lot of times,, My advice is you should do the same mate :)

Cheers,
"B"

Thanks Colin&Lee :)

Clear ones are just round the corner mate you say,,, would that be the one next to your spot :D

Cheers,
"B"

Gold689 said:
Hi B,

But before you do that YOU have to watch this video over and over again to understand how to & where to find those elusive gems. Really you have to open your ears for the hint or hidden information :D it's there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERB0HOCbYXQ

Personally I've watch all of their video a lot of times,, My advice is you should do the same mate :)

Cheers,
"B"

nice video .

i never thought sapphires or aussie diamonds were worth all that much . .

88 million ?

! :eek:

now you can see why Wal has those gem traps in his highbanker :p

1385890281_20131201_202700_resized.jpg

The results of Katrina and I, after a couple of hours at GG. We are both pretty new to sapphiring and realise this isn't a gigantic haul, but we were happy with the results and had alot of fun. We aren't quite sure what the Olive coloured stones are, perhaps somebody can shed some light on it? They look like Spinel in the shade.

We enjoyed meeting everybody that stopped by to say hello, including a couple of forum members. But an especially big thanks to Colin & his lovely partner Lee, it was great to meet you both and your help was incredible. Hope you had a great day with alot of luck!

Nice little haul you got there Dylan :)

You did better than my first time at GG Creek.
Next time make sure you don't forget to bring your 1/8 bottom sieve, you will double your chances of getting more gems :D

Cheers,
"B"

hi varts it was good to meet you how did you go mate I am going back tomorrow for another go :)

good mate the river was nice and cool not much swelling found a couple little ones after I saw you but my plumbers crack is sunburnt :eek:

Summers here,good luck tomorrow out there,oh and best be covering up not the best spot for a blister :cool:

richo966 said:
good mate the river was nice and cool not much swelling found a couple little ones after I saw you but my plumbers crack is sunburnt :eek:
Now I've got two images i don't want to think about.... This and gold digs " ill print it out for a dunny read" .... God help me...

Latest posts