⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Varts they look fantastic what size are the stones ?
Some of the blues look amazing, are these the result of a high banker or just panning ?
I am dying to get up to Grabben Gullen but family commitments and the problem of getting up from Melbourne have stopped me to date.

I am assuming this is where these are from.

Am I able to just wander along the creek or is there a limit to how far I am able to go along because of private property.

I have done some research and have seen old designated fossicking areas along the creek but some appear to be on private land and I don't know if access is still permitted.

Sorry lots of questions at the excitement of seeing the stones. I am planning on taking a couple of older kids through there in Jan on a trip up through to Sydney.

G'day mate ,
GG has area to camp,or stay at hotel in crookwell,nice showers
I just go around the bridge and just been using my sieves
the biggest is the top left yellowy bomb but is all gold to look at ,maybe a star about 8 ct ,very happy with this bomb ,I love em all the same
Send me a pm one day when your up
And if I can I might come out for a day with you

Varts....

Friend brought this back from Arizona for me .. Fun cracking it open ! Looks like snow inside .. Almost gives you the shivers.. I'll look at it on hot summer days :)
1414921324_image.jpg

hopefully one of you gem seekers will know if this is Topaz or not. i'm stumped... thought toapz no its glass no its topaz lol

1415140281_20141105_082229.jpg

1415140281_20141105_082257.jpg

1415140281_20141105_082315.jpg

i should add i researched the area i found this and there was a vein of what they called ceylon topaz or yellow topaz in the area. originally the blue and purple light refraction made me think glass but something feels really good about it in the palm

I posted in the other thread Golddigg, an S.G test will help determine what it is'nt. Does not look like topaz to me, wrong type of cleavage, Topaz cleaves pretty flat. SG test is simple to do.

Hi Golddigg,
Looks like citrine quartz to me not usual topaz colour and looks like some conchoidal fracture.
:) Ted

Latest posts